• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just spoke to my PCT

slimmerkay

After all the saga last week of finally getting my GP to send off the application for funding I've just phoned the PCT. They still haven't got my application in their system as yet :(

The lady said she has put me in her diary to phone me next Friday.

She also said the answer on funding will take AT LEAST one month. And surgery could be 18 months after that if the answer is yes.

She said the odds on my getting yes are low :cry: As there is so much demand for bariatric surgery and they cannot really meet the demand.

o dero.... well im keeping everything crossed karen, i truely am..... its terrible hey that alot of people seem to be getting a no..... well lets try think positive babes, on this.... i forgot to ask do you have any medical probs along with your weight xx

No Kelly I haven't any health problems at all. Lucky I know.

My sister in law had a band fitted last summer. She lost nearly 5 stone initially but hasn't lost anything for about 5 months. Why? Because she never gets off her arse unless it's to go the takeaway. Oh yes, she is now eating just as before except maybe a little less. What a waste of the taxpayers money eh?

Hope you get a yes hun you really deserve it and it will make you angry when you see your sister abusing hers, just not fair. My fingers are crossed for you xxx

Karen - so sorry to read of all your sagas with GP & now the PCT:(

unfortunately it all sounds very familiar to me - I have written about a very small portion of it in the diary section - the whole saga is too emotional to write down

Best of luck from me:)

I am crossing everything for you Karen... I know just how much this means to you...

Never give up and count on us for support through this... just never go away... there are times when those who shout the loudest are heard and also, there are times when you ring up and speak to someone else you might get a different opinion.

It's very demoralising... I am thinking of you xxx

o gosh, well im hoping that whoever needs bariatric surgery can get it.... x

Back