• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Luton or Birmingham

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
My GP agreed to refer me for WLS as I met all the criteria. She said Northants PCT has contracts with L&D and Birmingham and she said she rated Birmingham over L&D.

What are your experiences with these hospitals and do they both perform keyhole surgery?

I am so excited that she agreed with me!

Are you having a band or bypass? Band is always keyhole, Bypass is usually open unless there are mitigating circumstances such as previous scarring. Zxx

Open or Keyhole depends on what your pct is willing to fund and where you are having it done. Many PCTs will now only fund open at walsall because of the cost . Are you having a band or a bypass? Do you know what hospital in birmingham? Sorry so many questions, welcome to minis and hope you can get as much use out of it as many of us on her have.

Hi and Welcome.

I'm guessing it will be Heartlands hospital in Bham that you will be referred to. The surgeon there is Mr Paul Super and he tends to prefer band over bypass. In fact I think they have only recently (like this year) started to offer the bypass at Heartlands.

Soontobethinsue had her band done by Mr Super and is doing very well. Sorry, cant think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Oh yes, I think heartlands do keyhole as standard.

Hi I am waiting for Luton already had first appt and second is in August. Mr Jain and Mr Whitelaw both do keyhole surgery for bypass. The people I have spoken to who have been through Luton have been very positive about their experiences and the surgeons.
Luton has an obesity clinic which support people from all over the country. Dr Finer who started the clinic is much respected country wide and has been on TV several times.
Hope that helps a bit and welcome to minims

Jay xx

Thanks so much. My research had me leaning towards L&D. I am hoping for a bypass over a band due to the kinds of foods and amounts I like to eat.

Back