• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

happy happy happy

that is soo true tasha, i think too much ne way lol
it is what i want and ur rite if i didnt want it i wouldnt have booked it xx
Just try to keep thinking positive & of the end results & you will be fine.xxxx

aww thanks tash, poppy i hope im done early, being there that long waiting will drive me crazy lol

also they said to me they provide transport to pick u up, is that from the house or hotel room, and do they provide accomodation x

Hi Joey80, I was picked up at 4am by one of their drivers and driven stright to THG. I arrived at 8am and once I had given them some blood for testing I was shown to my room and told what would happen over the course of the day...basically all you have to do is pee in a pot and shower and get gown and support stockings on ready for op; the rest is just relaxation watching tv, etc in the room.

The nurses kept popping their head in every hour or so just to check that I was OK which was nice but also meant that I was given a totally stress free environment with no hassle of watching others coming and going from surgery.

The next morning the driver picked me up at 7am from THG and brought me all the way home...one little point to note though Joey80 - take a little cushion with you for the journey back; I did following the advice that I had read on here and it made the journey a little more bearable.

I am so excited for you; I was absolutely the same way when I started out for wls and it was here in no time...use this time to find out as much as possible.

Oh, one other thing - THG asked me if I would mind car sharing with another lady who was having the same op on the same day as me; I was a little reluctant at first but have now made a good friend and we are keeping in touch by text pretty much daily; which is proving very supportvie for each of us up to now. It was also v good company for the long trip and we were able to compare war wounds in the services!

If you have any other questions just shout up.

Poppy x

I was in your situation in Jan. I pre booked my band surgery date for feb 24th and then went for my consultation with Mr Sigursson. He wasn't overly talkative and it wasn't what I had invisioned but it was fine and then I had to wait for my surgery day.
I was so excited and couldn't wait to get it done.
So, here Iam nearly six months later and 4 stone down and very happy. Losing weight and getting my life back is priceless (well, £5695!). I have no regrets so far.
Try not to worry about the surgery, it's a piece of cake (low fat!). They put you to sleep and the next thing you know they're waking you up telling you it's all done. Within a week you'll be back to normal and well on your way to slimsville!
Good luck xxx

thanks guys all this info is fab, just 1 more question o, my old girl wants to come too, did u have ne 1 with u? xx

I didn't take anyone as I wanted to catch up on lots of sleep when I was there; my other half could have come with me if we wanted...I was told that he could stay with me all day but would need to go to a nearby hotel to sleep.

Poppy x

My other half came with me, I wouldn't of wanted to do it on my own. Also I needed the company as I ended up having to wait 7 hours for my turn.
When I was wheeled back into my room after surgery I was half asleep and felt a bit drunk, to have my partner stroke my hair and tell me I'd done well was lovely.

hey all jus an update, been for consultation today and im booked for the 18th september i cant wait, it gonna come round so fast, this is the beginning of my journey whoop whoop xxx

thats gr8 - this is the start of a new chapter in your life & its fantastic :)

Thanks tink, I can't wait, iv been dreaming about having this done for so long I found it quite surreal today lol x

Well done Joey.

I know your worries. I started to enquire last Novemeber, I went for the consultation then changed my mind. Nearly a year on and I regret not going ahead back then. However I know fully know im doing the right thing.

Well done on making the steps
x

thanks miss diet, im deffo going to have this done, dont think it sunk in yet o that i am actually having it lol x

Back