• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!

phatgirl

:553:Happy Surgeversary to You!!:553:

Here are some people that have recently celebrated their 1st anniversary of their wls.

Alison65 - 13th March - Bypass
CelticFrost - 22nd April - Band
Callyspace - 30th April - Bypass
Jenk - 10th May - Bypass
Mandy130 - 10th May - Bypass
Mandy-1975 - 15th May - Bypass
Lottietat - 17th May - Bypass
Thaialina - 30th May - Bypass

Let's take a moment to give these folks a round of applause.

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:
:winner:

If any of you would like to reflect on your surgiversary and your jounrney, we would love to hear about it.

Last edited:
congrats_confetti.gif

everyone !

xxxx

Well done everyone :)

Congratulations everyone!

well done to you all

Hiya

I celebrate my surgiversary on July 18th, and have lost 4 stone. It has not been an easy journey, but I would not change it for anything. I cant believe a year has almost gone by since I had my band fitted.

I would like to wish all those that have had surgery, and those due to have surgery, all the very best, and hope that your surgery is all that you want it to be.

regards

MNL (Jane):p

Congratulations everyone. It would be interesting to know how many people you have all lost in weight combined. (hope that makes sense)

Hi Jane...nearly 1 year ago!!!

Whats been the hardest parts? Just asking as i had my band last Thursday.

Love to know your thoughts.....

Thanks in antisipation

Hiya,
I would have to say that there have been several hard parts, but at the end of the day I have got through them, and can look back at them now and realise they are just part of my journey. The first hardest part was waiting for my first fill. I had little restriction, and was afraid that I would gain weight while waiting. Luckily enough I got my fill without the weight gain. The second thing was that my first fill only lasted 17 days before I had to go and get another fills. The 7 day period after each fill, was harder each time. 3 days of liquids, 3 days of mushy food then back to normal on the 7th day.
I went through a plateau for about 3 months, but had an adjustment, and things started to get moving again. It was hard to go through the plateaus as that was something that I hadnt expected to happen. I figured you have the band fitted, lose a fair bit of weight, and then slow down a bit to 1 or 2 pounds per week. I never expected to stay the same for weeks at a time. That was difficult to deal with. If I had to pass on any advise it would be, not to weigh yourself every week, look at the long term picture, and how your clothes fit. Sometimes it is not about what the scales say. I have lost 4 stone and have 3 stone to go. My doctor thought I should be at 50% of my target by the first year, I am well over the 50%, and it will not be a year until the 18th July, so am well ahead of schedule. This is what I try to focus on, and not what the scales say every week. Hope this helps. Make a note of what you can eat and what you cant eat. There is more that I cant eat than I ever thought, and just when I think it is safe to eat something, I get sick and bring it back up again. The sickness can get a bit old, but you have to learn, it is all a learning curve. Despite all this, I would have the operation done again tomorrow.
MNL :)

Back