• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!

Hi MNL great to read your story.

I'm 3 weeks post banding and so far have lost 19lbs, I'm thrilled with that. I find it very hard to loose weight normally so this is fantastic.

I just wish I had done it years ago.

Well done on your weight loss

Good job.

Hi everyone

I have recently had my surgeversary and it was celebrated in Canada which was lovely.
I have lost 8 stones exactly in the last 13 months since my op on 17th May 2008. Its been a breeze with very little problems although the weight loss has slowed right down in the last 6 months. I have only lost 1.5 stones since the beginning of January. I need to ideally lose another 7 stones so have still got a long way to go. If I can continue to lose 1lbs every week, then I will be happy. To be honest, I have been eating what I like for the last 6 months which isn't good as I should have lost a lot more weight. I am trying to be good again and have now started to excercise.

I am very proud of myself and am so happy I have lost 8 stones. At least having 7 stones to lose sounds easier than 15 stones. Having surgery was the best thing I have done and would recommend it to anyone really struggling. Good luck to the rest of you and hope things go well.

Lottie
xxx

Hi everyone

I have recently had my surgeversary and it was celebrated in Canada which was lovely.
I have lost 8 stones exactly in the last 13 months since my op on 17th May 2008. Its been a breeze with very little problems although the weight loss has slowed right down in the last 6 months. I have only lost 1.5 stones since the beginning of January. I need to ideally lose another 7 stones so have still got a long way to go. If I can continue to lose 1lbs every week, then I will be happy. To be honest, I have been eating what I like for the last 6 months which isn't good as I should have lost a lot more weight. I am trying to be good again and have now started to excercise.

I am very proud of myself and am so happy I have lost 8 stones. At least having 7 stones to lose sounds easier than 15 stones. Having surgery was the best thing I have done and would recommend it to anyone really struggling. Good luck to the rest of you and hope things go well.

Lottie
xxx

Lottie, just wanted to give you a WELL DONE on being 8 stone down. I am glad to hear that you have had a positive journey so far, it sounds like you have your head in the game. I bet exercise will help kick start you.

Best of wishes to you hun,
Nic:D

Hiya,
I would have to say that there have been several hard parts, but at the end of the day I have got through them, and can look back at them now and realise they are just part of my journey. The first hardest part was waiting for my first fill. I had little restriction, and was afraid that I would gain weight while waiting. Luckily enough I got my fill without the weight gain. The second thing was that my first fill only lasted 17 days before I had to go and get another fills. The 7 day period after each fill, was harder each time. 3 days of liquids, 3 days of mushy food then back to normal on the 7th day.
I went through a plateau for about 3 months, but had an adjustment, and things started to get moving again. It was hard to go through the plateaus as that was something that I hadnt expected to happen. I figured you have the band fitted, lose a fair bit of weight, and then slow down a bit to 1 or 2 pounds per week. I never expected to stay the same for weeks at a time. That was difficult to deal with. If I had to pass on any advise it would be, not to weigh yourself every week, look at the long term picture, and how your clothes fit. Sometimes it is not about what the scales say. I have lost 4 stone and have 3 stone to go. My doctor thought I should be at 50% of my target by the first year, I am well over the 50%, and it will not be a year until the 18th July, so am well ahead of schedule. This is what I try to focus on, and not what the scales say every week. Hope this helps. Make a note of what you can eat and what you cant eat. There is more that I cant eat than I ever thought, and just when I think it is safe to eat something, I get sick and bring it back up again. The sickness can get a bit old, but you have to learn, it is all a learning curve. Despite all this, I would have the operation done again tomorrow.
MNL :)

Thank you for sharing your story. Congrats on your successful weight loss, you should be very proud. I wish all continued success and hope you keep us up to date with your progress.

thank you all but i feel my bypass was the wrong choice for me as my eating habits are back to what they were before, luckily i haven't put any weight on but i haven't lost any for a very long time, i have no will power i never did eat huge amounts i am more of a grazer. it was my head i needed to sort out. i have no restrictions i don't dump, per say, i feel a bit spaced for a couple of minutes which is no deterrant.
sorry to put such a downer on it but i feel the nhs wasted money on me, that someone more deserving could have had.
the flip side is i do recommend the surgery(i work for a gp and have spoken to some patients about it) but they must make sure their head is ready first.

:553:

CONGRATULATIONS
TO ALL OF YOU
LOVELY LOSERS.

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

:0clapper::0clapper:

thank you all but i feel my bypass was the wrong choice for me as my eating habits are back to what they were before, luckily i haven't put any weight on but i haven't lost any for a very long time, i have no will power i never did eat huge amounts i am more of a grazer. it was my head i needed to sort out. i have no restrictions i don't dump, per say, i feel a bit spaced for a couple of minutes which is no deterrant.
sorry to put such a downer on it but i feel the nhs wasted money on me, that someone more deserving could have had.
the flip side is i do recommend the surgery(i work for a gp and have spoken to some patients about it) but they must make sure their head is ready first.

Allison, I am really glad you posted. I am sorry however to hear that you have struggled. I know it must be hard but you still have the opportunity to get your head straight and I hope that you do. Congrats on your weight loss thus far and the fact that you have not re-gained. I posted in another thread today about how you do have to remember that the surgery is tool not a cure and I think that pointing out the importance of getting your head straight is an important message, especially coming from you at 1 year post-op. Please don't feel like the NHS wasted money on you hun, you haven't done anything that you can't undo with some thoughtful eating and some head work. Remember, you can still lose rapidly up to two years post-op.

And most of all you have us here to support you. We have a daily eating thread in the recipe section. You could start posting there and if you like people could help you with input on your daily menu.

Wishing you continued success,

Congrats on all that weight loss
Theworld is a lighter place thanx to you loosers
:grouphugg: :worthy: :happy096::talk017:

alison i echo everything nic said but also want to add that the NHS havent wasted their money at the end of the day you have lost nearlt 30% of your excess weight that has probably stopped you from developing other obesity related problems.
Look at yourself as a work in progress that has had a tempory stall. Be an example to yr patients and reach for the finish line.
take care
carole

This is the lovely peeps with Late June/July surgiversaries:

Clairelou - 28th June - Bypass
Alice - 12th July - Band
Alliecat - 14th July - Band
Nic318 - 16th July - Bypass
ShelBell - 16th July - Bypass
Lesleydb - 23rd July - Band
Cat321 - 29th July - Bypass
Silver Shoes - 30th July - Bypass

Congrats to you all!

Here are September's lot of Losers:

Happy surgiversary!

Ditzyangeluk - 1st September - Bypass
Sexyfairy - 5th September - Bypass
Bypass.sarah - 9th September - Bypass
James192 - 9th September - Bypass
Loll - 17th September - Bypass
Corrine82 - 30th September - Bypass

nearly your's as well nic. I was talking to my cleaner today and i said never in a million sundays did i ever expect to be this size this time last year. its just mind blowing that nearly 12 months have passed.
well done everyone
carole

Here are October's losers:

Happy Surgevesary!

Pink Bunny 1 - 15th October - Bypass
Cheryl - 20th October - Band
Wobbles - 22nd October - Bypass
Deebol - 27th October - Band
PhatGirl - 29th October - Bypass
Perissa - 30th October - Bypass

Back