• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass cancelled at pre op - urgent!

indianlight

Hi,

Just been to my pre op and cos i've gained weight they've cancelled on me. although I asked about this at my clinic apptmt and he told me not to worry about it.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm going back at 2pm to fight for it..any advise?

I am sooooo mad!! arrrghh:(

so sorry ive no advice on how to appeal sorry but just wanted to say how sorry i was and i hope you get this overturned.

if you dont mind me asking how much have you gained? as i was also told that i would be took off the list if i had gained weight and i have put 5lbs on and have got my 1st pre-op next week.

again good luck x

Hi from my first appoinment with Dr to my operation I gained 14 pounds and they still did my op

Where are you spost to be having it done

i'm having it done in sunderland, its a revision band to bypass.

Thanks i will fight it!!

sorry halve me I've gained a stone but have managed to maintain at this weight for a few weeks now so am hoping he will take that into consideration

caz, its nhs. i wonder of it was private if he would just do it

deb it sounds like mr b, has made a quick decision with out reviewing your notes, fight him all the way on this !

Were you asked to lose weight prior to this pre-op? Or was this going to be the start of the pre-op diet?

I am a little confused why they would cancel is the last one was the case.

Also I know its hard but maybe they are concerned your weight gain takes you to an unhealthy level to operate on.

Each hospital has it's own guidelines on this.

But definitely question why you were not told about it would be cancelled if you gained.

I asked if i needed to lose weight and he said no as i had already proves i could lose weight with the band. I thinka s liz says he made a quick decision.....

Caz, I can't be an unhealthy weight cos they operated on me 5 stone heavier to give me a band.

Bypass cancelled at pre op - urgent! Reply to Thread

Tell them you will start the pre op diet now. Ive been on it a week and Ive lost 12lbs. Think its a bit unnecessary of them to do this to you at this late stage.

Also I know its hard but maybe they are concerned your weight gain takes you to an unhealthy level to operate on.

Each hospital has it's own guidelines on this.

But definitely question why you were not told about it would be cancelled if you gained.

Good points made well, Caz.

The hospital I went to have a new policy in place with regard to a 'cooling off period' and I do believe they don't want you to put weight on either.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will suggest i go on the pre op diet now, i am going on holiday on monday for a week so it will be hard but thats better than not having the op...

I'm probably not being totally rational cos im soo angry. But if they ahd told me to lose weight i would have!! and thats whats soo annoying...

Just a thought, maybe as this is your second surgery on NHS they are being tougher on you.

I know that if you want plastics on the NHS after this kind of surgery you literally have to be within pounds of your maintaining weight to qualify.

Can I ask why you are having the revision? Has something gone wrong with the band that has caused the weight gain?

Oh Gosh, so sorry to read this. Its very unfair of them if you were not told not to gain.

I am now petrified as I have my pre op on Thursday and I think I have gained between 7 and 10lb.

It's going ahead!!

Hopefully, the sugeon has filled my band with 3 mils and told me I have to lose 1stone in 2 weeks, if not then he will cancel...

I'm sure I can do it, but am away on holiday from monday for a few days so will have to be very very careful.

thanks for all the support and i'm definitely going to need it for the next couple of weeks at least.xx

Back