• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass cancelled at pre op - urgent!

did you make that Red? It's brill.

Thanks slim girl(can't call you fat girl lol), By the way you look fab in your pics...

Thanks for that lol;)

I have total faith in you indianlight, that you can do this and you will prove you can lose a stone in 2 weeks, Keep focused and Good luck!!
P.s Hope you have a great time on your hols! :Dx

Thank you everyone for all your comments and good wishes. I didn't want to stir up any controversy, I agree plain talking is needed sometimes..lol

Well an update is, I've gone back to basics and so far so good i've lost 6lbs already!!! unbeleivable I know but it shows you can do it when you got to....BUT a fill in my band is whats doing not me, although to give myself some credit I've increased my daily exercise amount.

Anyone got a Wii FIt??? its fab, no standing in the gym infront of skinnys feeling a fool, and no excuse for not going cos your there anyway!! I would highly recommend it and any level of mobility can do something......woohoo I've found exercise I love!!

Good Luck you are nearly half way there already so Im sure you will be fine.
Keep up the good work.
Take Care xxx

excellent news on the 6llbs loss i know you can loose the remainder needed, well done hun.

liz x

India, congratulations on your weight loss so far - keep doing whatever you're doing and you'll get your op. Best of luck with everything.

Pandora, I think your comment has a lot of validity to it - we have all no doubt read posts on here and other forums of people who are going for their first pre-op or the op and saying "I'm worried because I've put on x lbs [or stones] since I went for my initial consultation". I think even if the consultant didn't say "don't put on any weight or we'll take you off the list", sense should kick in and we should be doing what we can to make sure the operation will go as well as it possibly can - whether that's by trying to eat more healthily in the main, or exercising as much as we are able to - because we all want to survive the operation and give the surgeon as little hassle as possible. Most of us don't have much of a problem losing a stone or so when we first start a diet, we have problems keeping it off. I guess the surgeons just want to know we are committed to doing this.

My hospital, Walsall, have introduced a new scheme whereby when you go for your initial appt they ask you to go away for a few weeks (8 or 12 I think, not sure), and then when you come back if you have put on weight they won't apply for funding. Apparently alot of people turn up for their op and then have second thoughts and cancel before they get into theatre, or in some cases, in the theatre. It is costing alot of money in cancelled ops and a waste of surgeons' time, so they figure if they send people away for a couple of months then it will give them that cooling-off period. I went for my first consultation Nov 08 though so have had plenty of cooling-off period. I put on quite a bit through being stressed about having funding approved then withdrawn but I'm doing what I can now to get it down (it served its purpose, funding approved again as it pushed me just over the 50BMI threshold) to below first appt weight.

Lorna

I did the same i had my first appoinment in Jan 08 and my next was june 08 in that time i had no ideas i was gonna get the funding thought there would be no way i ended up putting a stone on between them dates when i went for my appoinment in June to see the bariatric nurse as funding had been approved she was really angry with me and said if i put any more on they would cancel my op as my bmi was already over 60 i went on holiday to Florida and on return i joined slimming world and lost 3 half stone between the july - sep when i had my op i really needed that kick up the bum to get me motivated and now i have lost 11 stone 6 since since lasy July :) x

Wow Corrine!!! thats fab...your doing soo well I hope i'm as successful. any tips will be gratefully received. x

Thanks for all the encouragement...watch this space i will blow his socks off!! LOL

:bliss:woo hooo deb your doing fab, i knew you could do this, keep up the good work !:0clapper:

liz x

Corinne - FANTASTIC!!! Wow, more than 11 stones, that's amazing. It is so inspirational to read what other people have done, and motivational too.

India - looking forward to hearing how things are going! When will you find out if things will go ahead, do you have another appointment or do you have to ring them to tell them you've lost the weight??

i wish you every luck in your weightloss im keeping fingres crossed for you are you following the milk diet to get it off or normal low fat diet?

Lorna - I've got to go and get weighed in clinic on 20th, fingers crossed. No weight loss today but i've been good so hopefully tomorrow.
Serenity - I'm not really following a diet, I've just stopped eating solids and am eating yogurts, low fat rice pud & custard and soup. This may not sound healthy, well the rice pud & custard bit anyway but I lost 6 stone doing it so it must work.

I'm only planning to do this until monday when we go away then I will have light stuff during the day and a small portion of what the others are eating. then back to low fat when I get back.

I've lost another 2lbs, thats 11lbs in total!! woohoo only 3 togo..but i'm away from tomorrow til friday but am sure I can do it....won't my surgeon be shocked!!! lol

whooo almost there indian, and i am sure he will be extremely pleased for you.

Back