• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone gone from VSG TO RNY?

Chlobeae

I’m having revision from vsg to rny in July. I only lost 50lbs with vsg. Start weight 420 current weight 470
Just want to talk to anyone that’s had revision? Did you lose more? How much? Thanks.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome!

Yes we have had members who have gone from sleeve to bypass, as the sleeve was originally the first stage to a two stage approach for very overweight patients.

I don't think we have any current members though unfortunately but if we do hopefully they'll see this and comment x

Jules65

I’m having revision from vsg to rny in July. I only lost 50lbs with vsg. Start weight 420 current weight 470
Just want to talk to anyone that’s had revision? Did you lose more? How much? Thanks.
Hi Chlobeae, how did your revision surgery from sleeve to bypass go

HelenAngelfish

I’m waiting for revision- Sleeve to bypass. Revision date 27 February 2019

HelenAngelfish

How did it go? Xx

Chlobeae

Hi all. I put it off. Postponed it out of fear and the thought that I could lose it alone. BUT I amhave rescheduled and I’m having the revision surgery in Two weeks jan 31st 2019.
Current weight 350lbs. (Only lost 70lbs with the sleeve. Still massively overweight lol)
I’ll keep you all updated.

Bling Babe

Hi all. I put it off. Postponed it out of fear and the thought that I could lose it alone. BUT I amhave rescheduled and I’m having the revision surgery in Two weeks jan 31st 2019.
Current weight 350lbs. (Only lost 70lbs with the sleeve. Still massively overweight lol)
Good luck, do you know why you stopped losing weight with your sleeve? X

Mollypop

Hi @Chlobeae . I'm waiting on my date for revision from VSG to RNY. It should happen in Feb 19 I hope. Really interested to see how you go on. Please keep us all updated, and feel free to ask any questions and I will help if I can x

MariaMaria83

Ooo lots of luck!! Keep us posted, x

Maria61

Good luck and please let us know how you get on xx

seashell1974

I’m waiting for revision- Sleeve to bypass. Revision date 27 February 2019

I’m awaiting a assessment day at St Richards in a few months time as over 10 years I have put on just over half the weight I lost with sleeve. I’m now hopefully in the process (if I get a yes on the day) of getting it revised to RNY. I really need to shift this weight as I’m now 44 with a 2.5 year old and can’t move much. Good luck with yours xx

Chlobeae

UPDATE: I had my surgery 4 days ago in Turkey cost me 3k and I’m thrilled. I actually have restriction now and have lost 5kg already. I had the mini gastric bypass from the sleeve in 2017 where I only lost 50lbs. Ask me anything

Sarnie

UPDATE: I had my surgery 4 days ago in Turkey cost me 3k and I’m thrilled. I actually have restriction now and have lost 5kg already. I had the mini gastric bypass from the sleeve in 2017 where I only lost 50lbs. Ask me anything
Congrats, how are you feeling? x

Irene44

Congratulations well done you xx

Bling Babe

Great news, how are you feeling x