• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Please - Considering VSG

No worries, hope you can get more comfortable tonight. X

Much better thank you
Still v sore but that's to be expected

Had some tom soup earlier, snd I'm feeling hungry! X

Ps couldn't sleep on my side! I screamed when I tried !?
Had dreadful runs today too (v ladylike)

Oh dear that's not good, hope you find a comfy position soon.

Ps, there ain't nothing ladylike immediately post surgery. Farting, belching, bad breath......the list goes on. Passes (so to speak ;)) soon enough and we regain our demure existence!!

Adrienne, I kept vomiting for 3 weeks post surgery and I'd had 2 major ops , one of them was open surgery. My wound split and was left with 6cm hole. But now at 9 weeks it all seems like a distant memory. Hole has almost healed, eating and drinking normally and sleeping normally. No matter how bad it seems, things do get better and that's coming from someone who thought they were going to die after 2nd op!

Wow!!! Sharie35 thank you fir sharing that with me
I feel embarrassed for moaning, whst was the 2nd op? If personal please ignore, did you have sleeve?

My oh thought I had died this morning !!! Not a great start to the day, apparently I'm so grey and I didn't move when he came in with my drink, I am a really light sleeper usually, really worried him, I think he's found all this very difficult

I had a bypass followed by emergency surgery for a twisted bowel 2 days after. My OH thought I was going to die as I was so ill after 2nd op but you do get better! Just takes some of us a bit longer than others!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

After the bypass, I spiked a temperature and was soaked through with sweat. My bloods kept coming back abnormal, white cell count too high and inflammatory markers were up and kept complaining of extreme soreness on my left hand side below stomach. Wanted to give me a CT scan but was fully booked so surgeon said he would prefer to take me back to surgery for an exploratory. When I awoke I found I had had open surgery to repair bowel and 4 of my 5 my laparoscopic wounds had been opened up as well when he was using cameras to try and identify the problem. Needless to say I couldn't sleep that night as I was in so much pain even though I was on a morphine pump. Also was on high dose antibiotics intravenously, oxygen, gastric nasal tube, drain, catheter. It was a huge shock!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Sharie65

What a shock for you!!! How long did you have to stay in? Was this or private?good job surgeon was vigilant soubds very frightening though Hun xxxx

Was in hospital just over 2 weeks and been under the care of the district nurses ever since. Waiting for a hole in my tummy to heal after wound opened up from constant vomiting. Had it on the NHS for which I am grateful . My surgeon saved my life. Thinks will get better. I felt sorry for myself for weeks but now I'm seeing results and getting stronger every week and more able to return to normality including eating normally. It will be worth it in the end and could not do it on my own after 40 years of constant dieting!

Back