• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had their surgery done in South Wales?

Fragglerock

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but looked around and couldn't find a similar place.

I'd like to know if there is anyone out there who have had their surgery (band, sleeve or bypass) in South Wales namely the Vale Hospital in Cardiff (privately) or possibly Morriston in Swansea which I think would be done on the NHS? I'm currently looking into getting surgery done in either of these privately and even though the price is at the top end for sleeve surgery either hospital is practically on my doorstep and I would prefer to be closer to home than travel to nearest which would be Birmingham.

Thanks
Fraggle.

I think that there are open meetings at the Vale, once a month but I have not found out if they are still held. Some years ago I used to go to meetings in Swansea as well but again have not heard anything from them either. Would be worth finding out

Hi angee

Yes I think do hold some kind of meetings the nurse I spoke to told me that. But to see the consultant (Jonathan Barry) I need to pay £150 which isn't a great amount of money but before I do this I'd like to meet other providers just incase I do choose to go elsewhere.

I'm just curious to know if there any welsh patients out there who have had their surgery here or no not as its always good to hear others stories.

Thanks for replying too Angee.

Frag.

I was told that the meetings are open to all wherever they are operated on. Just thought you could pick up some info there. I paid for a consultancy with prof baxter once. Not good value and then referred to medical consultant for further consultancy so a further fee.

I don't know what you need to do surgery. But generally all hospital surgery can be done well. Do you want to know every hospital has some very experienced doctor. They can help you reach desire. You only need to consider the price.

Hi angee,

The open evenings are not an issue for me. The more I think about it the more I am wanting to to have my op Done at the vale. I am just searching for someone / anyone who has had their op done there with the surgeon just to read their experience.

Frag.

Back