• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone had Mr Ashton for bypass in Manchester?

Hi,

Which hospital in Manchester?

Yes I had my gastric bypass via Dr Ashton at The Alex in Manchester. Dr Ashton didnt perform the surgery, although he is qualified to do so. He is the Medical Director of Healthier Weight. The surgeon who did my bypass and others for Healthier Weight is a Basil Ammori, who has an excellent reputation. Many others who post on here were operated on by him too.

My experience of the surgery, the hospital, staff and aftercare have been all wonderful. I had my surgery on 9th Jan at a weight of 24.11st and am now down 5 st already.

My story was covered by Woman Magazine in Jan and is on the news article page of Healthier Weight's website.

Good luck x

Oh my gosh Claire, you've done so well! Yes, I think it is Dr Ammori who I'm having for the bypass, so good to know someone who's been there and come out the other side in the same hospital that I'm going to! I'm hoping to set a few targets too, but just targeting an op date for the mo, looks like it could be 15th May...eek!

Back