• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HAS ANYONE HAD

BlueDiamond

A sore belly button post op???

Just before I got into the bath I noticed my belly button looks rather sore and tbh it stung a little when I got into the bath ( the bath wasnt over hot either), the best way I can describe it is that it looks like a burn ( but needless to say I havent burnt it)....The mind boggles lol ( Have added pic a little further down ) Hope thats ok

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Ooh that's strange, I haven't had a sore belly button, keep an eye on it and hopefully it won't get any worse,

Looks like it could be thrush to me. I have had thrush there before (I am diabetic so prone to it.) I get huge red sore patches with a slight smell. (Sorry TMI).

You can try some canesten - over the counter - which will help if it's a fungal infection.

Yes, it looks like an infection, but prob not thrush. You need to see a GP for a script for a cream to treat it. I get them regularly post op but never had them pre. My tummy skin above the belly button has formed a kind of hood which causes it.

On a positive note, having it medically documented would increase your odds if you were looking for tt funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yes, it looks like an infection, but prob not thrush. You need to see a GP for a script for a cream to treat it. I get them regularly post op but never had them pre. My tummy skin above the belly button has formed a kind of hood which causes it.

This is wot has happened too me as well.

On a positive note, having it medically documented would increase your odds if you were looking for tt funding.

tyvm for your input x

Ditto exactly what Shel said.

Its an infection, your GP needs to prescribe something and it will help your case for plastics if it is needed further down the line. x

Sam, I think you should talk to Pierce about installing a 'what shel said' button, it would make life easier for so many of my followers, umm I mean forum members.

Then, I think we should issue everyone a 'WWSD?' bracelet, so whenever they are struggling they can look at it at think, what would shel do? I think it would resolve so many problems for the masses.

After that, we need to look into setting up some kind of special section, call it a shrine if you will, so those whom my wisdom and kindness has touched can come pay tribute.

Finally, if you could set up a freepost address for grateful members (and the wider public) could send donations of cake and dairy milk then we may just have the key to success.

Blue Diamond, This looks very similar to something I get now and again, although I also got it before my bypass. Mines seems to have started after I had some exploratory keyhole surgery done through my navel several years ago. A bit of germolene always clears it up in a day or so.

Back