• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daft things to look forward to...

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
I was laying in my bath the other day and thinking what a wonderous day it will be when I can enjoy a soak without the fear that those few extra pounds I gained the week before may mean the bath and I collapsing through the ceiling and landing in a naked heap in the living room below! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

This got me thinking about the little things in life I can look forward to when I'm slim.

My top five would be...

Obviously... getting over my bath collapsing issues. :0bathtime:

'Borrowing' :flirt2: my husband's gorgeous North Face jacket that I bought him last Christmas in the ridiculous hope that I may just be able to squeeze into it. (It was great, my left arm fitted perfectly!) :silly:

Being able to fit into the rides at Alton Towers...twas most embarrassing when during my last visit several years ago it took 3 burly men to strap me into the Nemesis seat in front of all the onlookers... needless to say that was a visit I haven't since repeated!! :ambulance:

Being able to fill my wardrobe with twice the amount of clothes I can squeeze in there now! (Half the material = double the outfits wooohooo!) :happy036: Only downside is this will mean divorce for sure! :sign0007:

Finally, I would love to be able jump on the trampoline with my kids without feeling the need to bandage up my two biggest assets first, thus to avoid having two black eyes the next morning. :banana dancer:

What daft things will you, or did you, look forward to about being slim?

Cuppacocoa xx ;):D

Last edited:
Great post

Where to start :confused:

Being able to buy a Barbour. They only go up to around 50" chest and I was 64" :eek:

Being able wipe my backside without dislocating my shoulder :D

Wearing shoes you tie up instead of slip on

Not worrying how far I will have to walk when I arrive somewhere

No longer needing the seat belt extension on flights, and being able to get my arse in the seat

Being able to use a normal sized shower

Not having to worry whether hotel room's bathroom was big enough for me to be able to use the toilet :eek:

Being able to walk more than fifty yards without a light snack and four hours sleep :D

Shopping in normal high street shops for more than just socks :cool:

The list is endless...............

mine would be
To shop in any shop i want to for clothes
To sit on those plastic chairs on holiday without fear of them collapsing
To sit on a plane beside anyone and not worry about taking half of their seat as well as mine
To take my dogs a long walk so i tire them before they tire me
To go anywhere and do anything without having to do a weight risk assesment first xx

Hi Cuppacocoa
After reading your thread it got me thinking , its over 25 years since I was in a bath poo wee ha ha . Thank God I have a shower or nobody would go near me lol . So thats my first thing is to get into a bath and lay there for about an hour . To put a pair of shoes on with laces . To put on a pair of tights , summer or winter I wear no tights . To be able to go to the toilet on a plane and to fit in the seat and not feeling like a sardine . And go to a cafe and not get wedged in them tables and bench . Take care .
Margaret xx

Daft things? hmmm Well I do miss dancing..It's been ages ...years since I set foot in a dancing establishment....I would love to go to some dance classes for sure..(I imagine I would look daft tripping about trying to remember what to do)
Hmmm...run round like a loon with my sons...
go on the trampoline with my youngest who is like a streak of lightning all day whizzing about.
Strut about in leather jeans.....small leather jeans. :D
I want a neon pink or blue bikini next summer...there I said it. NEON!!!!!!

5 things to look forward to...Hmmm let me see

1. wiping my own bottom
2. buying trendy clothes instead of the rent a tents i wear now
3. being able to walk my dog (had him 2 years never walked him)
4. getting a social life like accepting party invites
5. to go swimming once again and not look like a whale.
there are millions more but won't bore everyone ha ha

to go swimming without wanting to shout 'everyone cover your eyes till i get in the pool !'

to get on the kids trampoline too..without it hitting the floor with my weight lol

to be able to pick something up off the floor, without kicking it to the kids for them to pick it up, or look like one of those bobbing birds you used to see in the pub...with my leg stuck out the back as I lean down to get it..:eek:

to be able to fit me and my pooch in the chair on an evening, now she snuggles up to me on the arm lol

to go to an exercise class and then get in the pool without someone shouting 'are you ok ?? you look like you're having a heart attack'...actually that happened when I was about 21 lol

to walk in a room and not be the fattest one there

to take something back to the shop cos its TOO BIG

prob got loads more but got to make kids tea lol

Being able to paint my own toenails! :D

to walk on the beach in a swimsuit without people laughing
to bounce with my little girl on her trampoline without sending her into orbit!
to be able to go out onto the sea in a kayak without it sinking
not to be the fattest mum in the playground
and finally not to take up a whole row of seats when i go to the footie to watch palace!

so far with my weight loss ive suceeded in 3 just the kayak and trampoline to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to going into normal loos and not having to go into the disabled loo because I have trouble fitting into the normal cubicles.

Hmm so many to choose from:

1. To do normal things with my kids and not just to watch them.
2. To go out on a social event and not plan my path to the bar/table/toilets before i've even finished getting through the door.
3. To look forward to going out with friends for the evening and get more excited about seeing my friends than whats on the menu.
4. To come home from work and not feel exhausted.
5. Shop in any shop i want and look at the clothes first and not the range of sizes available on the rail....

Like others there are many we could put but i don't want to make anyone blush so i'll leave the rest to my imagination.... xxx

Some of my wishes may not come true, but one can dream...

1. To be able to scratch an itchy back without resorting to rubbing against a door jam.
2. Be able to drive my MGB without the steering wheel rubbing holes in my trousers.
3. To have a waist so that trousers stay up on their own without wearing braces.
4. To stop using my CPAP machine every night.
5. Stop injecting insulin 4 times a day.

Time to wake up...:cool:

Some of my wishes may not come true, but one can dream...

1. To be able to scratch an itchy back without resorting to rubbing against a door jam.
2. Be able to drive my MGB without the steering wheel rubbing holes in my trousers.
3. To have a waist so that trousers stay up on their own without wearing braces.
4. To stop using my CPAP machine every night.
5. Stop injecting insulin 4 times a day.

Time to wake up...:cool:
Hey why so negative, these are possible things to do and you can reach these goals and you will each and every one of them just you wait and see, we all have faith in you hun xxx:D

I want to be able to fit in my land rover with the propper steering wheel so i can throw out the stupid small one I have had to fit so i could fit inside

Hey why so negative, these are possible things to do and you can reach these goals and you will each and every one of them just you wait and see, we all have faith in you hun xxx:D

Thanks luvvie. I am just naturally a cautious person. I know I have no reason why I shouldn't achieve them, but I just don't count chickens...:D

1. No more backache. I wanted to be able to walk upright.

2. Lower my cholesterol and blood sugar.

3. Wear Levi's with tucked in t-shirt.

4. Buy clothes in a regular store (not Lane Bryant).

5. Feel confident that I look like everyone else whenever I walk into a situation & know no one is looking at me b/c I'm big.

I want to wear my uniform with pride and not look like a bag of spuds where I've unpicked the front to give room for my fat belly when I sit down.

To discover what clothes and styles suit me, rather than buying just anything that fits. I want to look classy.

To audition for the front row of my Barbershop chorus and be able to do the dance steps without wobbling (only the beautiful on display).

To have my slim friends not ALL say 'I never think of you as big', yeah, right, I believe that!

To learn how to put jiggly pictures on my replies!

Back