• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daft things to look forward to...

5 things to look forward to...Hmmm let me see

1. wiping my own bottom
2. buying trendy clothes instead of the rent a tents i wear now
3. being able to walk my dog (had him 2 years never walked him)
4. getting a social life like accepting party invites
5. to go swimming once again and not look like a whale.
there are millions more but won't bore everyone ha ha

Hi Wannabeslimagain

I know you recently started a thread about wiping your bottom...I just wanted to mention Psyllium husks.

If you get a tub from GNC (£9.99) and mix two level - heaped table spoons in with a glass of orange or make a milkshake with it...you will hardly even need toilet paper.

I say this because, as having an Inflammatory bowel disease and having to sometime use the loo up to 20 (at my worse) times in a day during a bad flare up...I know how psyllium helps and believe me when you have serious loose stools you need something to make life easier.

I have mentioned it here before I'm sure...but I can't sing it's praises enough...the dosage may be different for everyone and you will have to experiment a bit...just make sure you drink plenty of fluids during the day.

The effect it has on the stools are to almost jellify them in a way that it leaves you 'clean'....IT WILL NOT GIVE YOU DIARRHOEA...IT JUST MAKES JELLY POO'S...(lol)

I know it's not a nice subject but if it helps I thought I'd mention it.

I hope if I get WLS that I can still use this God send but I have no idea how it will affect a pouch or a reduced stomach....(It is not like benefibre or the like)...so I will ask about this when I have my appointment.

Hope it helps

Well, on your recommendation, I have sent off for the Psyllium husks capsules. My tummy is a bit iffy at the best of times and I have tried adding fibre but it makes me gag, so these capsules should do the trick. Thanks for that.

Well, on your recommendation, I have sent off for the Psyllium husks capsules. My tummy is a bit iffy at the best of times and I have tried adding fibre but it makes me gag, so these capsules should do the trick. Thanks for that.

I have the capsules too...but the the free flow husks is better and faster acting...the make I buy is from Lepicol and I get them from GNC...

Back