• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone heard of this?

bexmoss86

I was reading a gastric band blog written by a lady who has been banded for about a year I think, and she always uses this phrase

'PB'ing'

I looked it up and it means 'Productive Burping' and I think this is what I do when I eat too fast or too much. I think its where you burp up a mouthful of food and have to stick your head down the loo. :jelous:

Has anyone else heard of this term being used or experienced this

iv experienced it but never new there was a special name for it lol mmy daughter here's me burping and goes and turns the bathroom light on ready lol

yes pb is power burp its the proper name for when us banders vomit x

hahahah power burp! It sounds like a fighting move in a video game !

"POWER BURP.....BLERRRRGH"

productive burping - even now 5 months post band removal I still do this - seems that the band has a lasting impact.

it was the amount of slime that came out each time that always amazed me - horrible...

ohh the joys of productive burping such a lovely name but very apt ,i don't have a day i don't get it at the moment but its lessening in frequency lol

Yep, had the pb, even now after a year +, I have the wonderful experience. I am frequently experiencing this, sometimes two, three or four times after EVERY thing I eat.

MNL:cry:

Hi, to all the PBers, try slowing down....it really helps. :eek:;)

good point caz ! i always think of it like this, the band hole is tiny compared to the size of out mouths, if its put in quicker than it can pass through the band hole then vomiting will deffo happen :eek:

I agree, I totally need to slow down when eating. Im really bad for eating too fast. I even tried chopsticks to eat everything for a bit, but it was proper annoying.

OMG you banders scare me. The thought of PBing everyday sometimes more i would e driven to stop eating altogether. lol
all i can say is thank god i had a bypass and have had no problems.

Bands don't suit everyone, and whilst I miss the idea of mine, I don't miss the living hell I had with it. Just a shame that I will never be able to forget about the band as it has done so much damage...

I have spoken to a lot of band to bypass people and they all say how much easier it is living with the bypass (just a shame that there is so much cutting and pasting of body parts involved!).

Back