• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Portion size and getting to the green zone

SiobhanMT

Hi all
I was banded 3 months ago and have lost 20lb. I'm up to 9.5 ml in my 12ml band and definitely have some restriction however I still find myself being able to eat too big a portion. Has anyone else had this? I don't get hungry between meals has anyone else had this? Do you think I need another fill?

Hi Siobhan and congrats on the loss! That's quite a few fills you must have had in a short period of time? I know what you mean about being able to eat big portions because if I really wanted to I can as well. What you need to remember is that you aren't technically meant to eat for more than 20 mins at a time. If I really wanted to I could eat a whole meal over an hour and eventually finish the lot even though it would take me much longer so the trick is to time yourself and stop when you are either full- and if that doesn't happen stop after twenty mins. I'm not sure about whether you need another fill or not but there are always foods that you will be able to eat (sliders etc) no matter how much restriction you have. Hope this helps and doesn't come across as bossy!! Well done again on your amazing loss and keep up the good work!

Lu x

Back