• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello *waves*

bandito

Firstly - hello! I was banded on the 25th of April (last Tuesday).

I came across this while googling one symptom I'm getting. It's wind but, not shoulder tip or anything like that.

It's like I want to burp but, cant and I go through all the motions of burping (like you do..?). I can feel it coming and..rising and then nothing just pain in my breast bone. It's getting quite intense and enough to make me go still and wince. It really is as if a cork is just stopping the wind from coming up.

Is this normal? Have other people had this?

I'm thinking it's what I'm eating or drinking or that I'm doing it all too fast but, I'm conscious of sipping and only having liquids - have mainly stuck to slim fast and soups, watered down yoghurt. I'm sieving anything that has bits in no matter how small. I 'think' I'm doing everything right. I've also gone on to Calpol as the pain killers I was given at hospital are effervescent and I thought it might have been that.

Has anyone else had this? It's just so weird, exactly like a burp that painfully hits a ceiling and can go no further.

Thanks in advance for any replies xx

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It definitely sounds like trapped wind (you will find wind does become a bit more of an issue for us banders post op :rolleyes: ) its early days, and you will likely find it subsides over the next few days. Mint tea; windeze tablets etc; peppermint cordial; walking/exercising etc will help release it ... As will moving to the next food stages and recommencing more normal/regular toilet habits will all help. good luck with your journey. You will find lots of support here :D

Thanks for replying - hubby thinks it's just normal wind too and is going to ply me with mint tea today.

I guess I had just heard people, and read info on, the shoulder tip pain being the wind everyone suffers from.

I hadn't heard anyone talk about the painful non-burp :)

Well, it took three days but, eventually at least one end started working :eek: was slightly worried that I would just get more and more air in me with nowhere for it to go and blow up like a balloon!

I shall get some Windeze from Tesco today as you advise and see if that helps along with the force-fed mint tea.

Three days ... You are so lucky, it took me almost two weeks ... :eek:

Hello bandito

Hi again hun :) i had terrible wind until i was a week post op it kept me awake and i was miserable, i drank lots of mint tea but when i spoke to hospital nurse said that the mint tea would disperse the wind but because tummy was restricted at top it had nowhere to go!! anyway i stopped the mint tea and chewed windeze and next day was gone lol I have read many threads on here from people that mint tea helped greatly but for me windeze did the trick :) gl

I agree Windeze was the only thing which cleared the wind when really painfully, funny thing is I can't stand the smell of peppermint tea now as I drank so much in the first week x

Wind pain for me was awful in the beginning. Hope your feeling better now x

Well, this has to be the weirdest announcement I've ever made but, I am burping freely!

Woo Hoo!

Oh, the relief! Think the internal swelling must be going down.

Now on to the next issue - trying to get enough fluids in me...

But, for now I'm just happy that the zeppelin that was me is finally deflating! Thanks for all your advice guys x

Back