• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

has anyone used after surgery cookbook for dummies?

starr

very happy post opper
i just bought a cook book on ebay for after bariatric surgery and im really pleased with it ,thought others might be interested,or if you have used it before,did it help with meals after surgery, theres lots of advice ,tips,recipes,,its called " Weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies,"

hi starr, just ordered it off amazon. i looked through the pages and it seemed very informative. it also got good reviews. i will let you know more when it arrives.

i got it too! lol ,seems interesting , and simple, when it comes to cooking ,i like simple x

I brought it a while back with another called Gastric bypass surgery 150 Q&A's about it also has a few recipies and ideas for what to eat by Mary P. McGowan, another one I got was Eating well after WLS by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray, a full on cook book with guidance on all the carbs, fats, proteins, and sugars plus guidance on when it is suitable to be eaten by each type of surgery, it looks great and I can't wait to try it once I have had my op.
Another one I got is Emotional first aid a practical guide to life after bariatric surgery by Cynthia L Alexander it has great insight into how to deal with all those personal demons that help us sabotague our weight loss efforts and how to use things to help us fight them or substitute them with positive coping statergies. The Dietitian took the details last week when I saw her to get her own copy to see if she could reccommend it to others. You may find it useful I am so far It's easy to dip back into to help when you have one of those moments that you need some support and self help..

i saw that on someones post and have ordered it ,( the first aid one,),,looks interesting, all this reading should fill those first few days after surgery,i hope! not long for us now penelope ,whoo hooo!

saved some £s,dont hear that much on here! lol, most lose em!x

I'd be interested in buying this myself, can you tell me if there are any good vegetarian recipes in there? That's a problem I seem to face, there are lots of wls books out there, but very few dedicated to those of us that don't eat meat!

H x

Montana there is a section for vegetarian meals as well as a fish section in the dummies book and loads in the eating well book + more fish recipes.

I bought the book recently and find it informative but its a bit of pain as its geared for the American market, I have bought Return to Slender which is written by an english lady who was done by the Fat Doctor from TV, It is very good and informative, nice recipes for both veggies and non veggies and she uses english weights and measure. There is also a supporting website which is open to all at http://www.bariatriccookery.com. There you can get even more recipes and read experiences of others. Good Luck. xx

Hello everyone I have my surgery on sept 6th 2011 I brought weight loss surgery for dummies and the cookbook I love the books both books are a great read

hey could you please send me this file pdf. thank you kellyhymas@ hotmail.com no space in the email addy just wont let me post it here lol x thank you xxx

I bought it along with "Emotional first aid a practical guide to life after bariatric surgery" which ended up with me in tears for most of it becuase it all rang a bit close to home :)

I've not used a lot fo the recipes in the book, mainly because of time. There is one I use every day though which is the spiced shredded wheat breakfast one - it's amazing, quick and easy to make and a really nice way to start the day off!

I'm so busy atm that it's hard for me to put aside even an hour to try a new recipe, though I do want to try at least one new recipe a week from it. Will have a look to see which one for when I get paid on Friday ;-)

Back