• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has Anyone's Port....

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals

As most of u know I have had some port trouble in my time as a bander and had to have my port resighted in the past due to it turning fully upside down. I always had lengthy troubles having fills ever since (but always been managed in the end) I noticed today that my port isnt in the same place as it used too be( even since last fill). I dont know know if this is due to any weight I have lost or wether it has actually moved again........I am not overly worried at present as I do not require or need another fill, but if anyone out there can shed any light or wether it is possible for their port site too move due too quite a large weight loss......Thanks in advance for reading. xx Julie xx

Hi Julie

Hmm tricky one! There are two 'brands' of band used in the UK - one has a port that need stitching and the other is anchored to your muscle wall. It sounds like you have the stitched one - mines the other.

To be honest it really could be the weight loss but as your stitching has come undone before it might be worth a trip to the hospital to get it checked x x

Great question, I'm wondering the same about mine.
My port is never in the same place twice which is really frustrating (and unpleasant) when going for fills. I had wondered if it was due to me losing weight but I thought it would be easier to find as the weight comes off, in reality it is getting harder to locate :(
Where's yours located? Mine's under my left ribcage.
Maz, thanks for the info, I wonder if I'm anchored or stitched xx

Thanks for all of your replies, As I said in the original post that I am not sure whether its too do with my losing weight ( fingers crossed it is, lol) Only time will tell if I need another fill and as I don't at the moment I am going to let things be as I don't want too go through surgery yet again if I don't need a fill for sometime ( if at all) but thanks once again for your replies, most appreciated xx

hi julie i bet its because youve lost weight the port feels as though its moved fingers crossed i would think after your replacement they would of treble stitched your port in place to be honest! hope all is well though!!x

Back