• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moved port

Fizzpot

Hey everyone, just bit concerned, had fill on Friday last week n she said my port was quite far back and do I sleep on my stomach... I don't but this alarmed me as her needle mark was not where it usually is by my scar, I haven't lost any weight yet, but it deffinitely has moved and is sore to toy h, has anyone rlse experienced this?

thanks in advance xsaw to

Its not 100% clear if you have had a fill before fizzpot, or if you are referring in more general terms about the needle mark usually being by a scar. Hopefully to alay your fears ... the port is generally stitched in nowadays. Mine has moved a couple of inches however ... As you lose weight and your insides shrink it will do. in your case it could be down to swelling subsiding, laying in a different position, or even just a different angle the nurse has decided to enter the port. I wouldn't overly concern yourself. If she was worried, I am sure she would have done something about it. Relax and enjoy the journey :) x

My post has moved it is higher then it used too be and a bit deeper it now sit right under my scar so she has too go through my scar too get too it which Huey first time around but it's fine now and she wasn't worried about it hope this helps xx

Hi , thanks for your replies, I was banded in April, no weight loss of significance I have 11 in a 14ml but this is the first time the needle marks been in a different place, and she mentioned the position was set back, it's still sore to the touch and gives me a weird quivering feeling if I touch it in a certain way(the port) xx

sorry can't really help, maybe ring your provider see if they would x-ray you.

Mine was tilted when I went for first fill and they said it was quite set back but apparently this is how the surgeon does it who did mine.

I get that 'funny' feeling when having the fill, know what you mean.

Have they said why you haven't lost any weight if you were banded in April??? seems a long time not to have lost x

My band has only just really started kicking in to be honest and psychological issues with food is also another reason I haven't lost, thanks x

Fizzpot said:
My band has only just really started kicking in to be honest and psychological issues with food is also another reason I haven't lost, thanks x

Wishing you all the best of luck, we are all here if you need support. I understand where you are coming from as struggled and diagnosed with an eating disorder and psychological problems for years too. Take care hon, ever day is a new day and there is no need for a race to the finish xxx

Back