• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone had a Gastric Bypass with Dr El-Hasani, at Princess Royal, Farnborough?

Hi J
I had my first consultation with Mr El-Hasani on 21st February, he advised me it was a 2 year process, and not to keep phoning his secretary! I have to see the nurse on 23/3 not too sure what this is for! I have just had a call from my GP Surgery to ask to go in for a BP check, which i'm doing tomorrow, but I'm worried this is from the reading taken from 21st, and hope this won't impact on any surgery offered!

I had Dr El Hasani for a band via The Hospital Group in Dec09. I haven't lost any weight at all and despite several fills I've never had a feeling of satiety on eating. Perhaps he's more successful with bypasses?

Sorry to hear you've not had success with your WLS, have you raised your concerns with Mr El Hasani ? I've met a number of banders of his, who've had excellent weight losses so I don't understand why it's not worked for you ?

Hi, I am 5 weeks post op with El Hassani as my surgeon. He is a good surgeon but does not have the best bedside manner,his team are brilliant though. Post op care is not great, so ask as many questions as you can and go in to the op prepared and with plenty of information. I was a bit dissappointed with his pre and post op diet info and got most of mine from the B.O.S.P.A website .The hospital staff at the PRU were fantastic. Good luck, I would be interested to know how you get on x

Hi, I am 5 weeks post op with El Hassani as my surgeon. He is a good surgeon but does not have the best bedside manner,his team are brilliant though. Post op care is not great, so ask as many questions as you can and go in to the op prepared and with plenty of information. I was a bit dissappointed with his pre and post op diet info and got most of mine from the B.O.S.P.A website .The hospital staff at the PRU were fantastic. Good luck, I would be interested to know how you get on x

with his minimum advice I also followed the BOSPA pre op and post op diets and found life failry bearable. would be nice to find a good support group in the area like I have found on the south coast where they all share ideas and try to give the support needed on this journey to a new you. seems like in my area there is little. good luck with your Journeys :)

Hi J
I had my first consultation with Mr El-Hasani on 21st February, he advised me it was a 2 year process, and not to keep phoning his secretary! I have to see the nurse on 23/3 not too sure what this is for! I have just had a call from my GP Surgery to ask to go in for a BP check, which i'm doing tomorrow, but I'm worried this is from the reading taken from 21st, and hope this won't impact on any surgery offered!

often people are told its 2 years but with the amount of drop outs and the ops he does the time I waited was reduced to 9 months from first consultation til I was on the slab . dont give up . they even phoned me with a last minute cancellation if i could of started a fluid diet immediately. good luck :)

with his minimum advice I also followed the BOSPA pre op and post op diets and found life failry bearable. would be nice to find a good support group in the area like I have found on the south coast where they all share ideas and try to give the support needed on this journey to a new you. seems like in my area there is little. good luck with your Journeys :)

Hi :D
Just to let you know theres a support group meeting at Chelsfield private hospital in orpington every 2nd friday of the month :D let me know if you want details hun xxx

often people are told its 2 years but with the amount of drop outs and the ops he does the time I waited was reduced to 9 months from first consultation til I was on the slab . dont give up . they even phoned me with a last minute cancellation if i could of started a fluid diet immediately. good luck :)

Thank you

I will keep my fingers crossed!

Kim

Hi, I had a bypass with El Hassani at the PRU in June this year. I have lost just over 5 stone so far and am feeling good now, I had a few problems at the beginning but think they were personal to me and not necessarily something that would apply to everyone. I was under PRU for hypothyroid, hypertension and sleep apnoea (all have gone after op) and my arthritis is also improved. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Good luck xx

Hi could I ask what pre op diet he recommends? I've read so many and it seems they vary from surgeon to surgeon. Thanks

Back