• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

appt with surgeon tomorrow

douster

Hi, my appt at Derby is tomorrow and i'm so excited cos this feels like there will be light at the end of the tunnel. i'm hoping to have a sleeve, i'm confused cos when i read on here some have the PCT funding before seeing surgeon and some dont. just rang my GP and my dr has applied for it yet. I'm 23stone 6lbs and have MS so i really struggle with all the extra weight plus have chronic fatigue so everything is hard work anyway. any top tips will be gratefully received and think happy thoughts for me tomorrow
Lou x :p

great news and good luck, im in a simular boat, i recently got refered by my GP and have my appointment this week. no idea how the funding is worked out but im assuming in my case it would be applied for by the surgical team once reviewed but it looks like every PCT is different, but fingers crossed for you :)

I'm on the waiting list at derby and i never got a letter about funding it actually was never even mentioned so I'm guessing I just got it? Hoping to have my surgery April time so excieted to start my new life

My letter if referral went to derby last week hope to hear soon, I would like the sleeve also. I haven't heard anything about funding other than on hear. Keep us posted ") x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Chronic Fatigue sufferer I also have Fibromyalgia and I am due to see my sugeon on thursday. Good Luck. x

hi ull be ok my appointmentwastodayandfunding has already beenacepted as i asked i have CFS but that doesnt countbut ur weight alone makes you fit the NICE guidelines. so head up and ill be hoping for you as i no what its like tohave CFS and know carrying less weight will help.:D
first time on hereso i hope ive helped and if not sorry.:(

Thanks for getting back to me, how long ago did you see the surgeon? did they give you a clue on waiting times? x

will do, i cant believe how excited and happy i feel, like most people i let everyone think i'm ok and happy when really i'm miserable with my weight.... i want a life! xx

so i had my appt, gotta go back in 3mths to see the dietician and have either lost weight or stayed the same, not put on basically. she really wants to me to work on some of my eating issues... boredom/comfort eating. have a drink to check i'm not thirtsty. eating slower and chewing lots and only 3 meals a day. so i've started calorie counting. doing 1,500 per day. yest was day one and went ok ate 1,299 no snacking. had a drink when i thought i wanted a snack so fingers crossed. oh in 3 mths thats when i'll get put on the waiting list and they say 1yr...ahhhhhh

Oh wow good luck with the calorie counting, did you see a dietician thru your gp before referral? Hope it flies by for you. And how long from referal did you wait to see surgeon? I'm still waiting for my appointment from derby started my journey in march with the dietician referral first xx

Hi Douster, glad you have had your appointment. Which consultant have you got? I know that 12 month waiting list seems like a long time but for me it seemed to go really fast! From going on the list to getting my op was just under 11 months.

hi i forgot to say i think i saw a mr das (?) i asked about funding and he said Lincoln PCT and Derby PCT have an agreement so it is set in place before your appt. I did pheonix weight class via my GP so roll on mid feb. so thurs is my 1st weigh in and had a sneaky peak yest and had lost 4kg and today its 2kg... should never do sneaky peak! but how the hell can i be 2kg heavier today :-(
i think from my gp sending referral it was about 1mth til i got an appt

Oww hun thats great its all happening 2 kg is still good ?I have no idea were my weight is at right now but will tomorrow as I have a dietician appointment , ?. That's interesting about the funding I was told by my gp that they would fund wls but not a tummy tuck after that's all that was mentioned so confused. It's 2 weeks since referral. So holding on to the thought it won't be long. Was you under a dietician before referral?

It seems that different pct have different guidelines wouldn't it be easier for all to use the same guidelines..??

Back