• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I always been fat?

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well the answer is no I haven't been.

I had the experience of the embarrassing photo albums today when I visited my nan.

The first pic is me as a baby, the second one is me at about 5/6 then we see the weight crept on for about my 18th, and then at my brothers wedding when I was about 26.

So what happened for me to turn to food for comfort between then.

Well the only thing I can put my finger on is when I was about 13, my nan, who I was very close too, passed away.

I also had another incident during this time, and that's all I can put my finger on.

Attachments

• image-2217374899.jpg
    image-2217374899.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 157
  • image-3053947555.jpg
    image-3053947555.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 148
  • image-1395250877.jpg
    image-1395250877.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 159
  • image-478525928.jpg
    image-478525928.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 188
At age 6 i would say no your not...but It's a question I ask of myself often & looking back at the photos in my album that are on here I don't see me as being fat but others (adults) did say that I was.. "oh she's a big girl isn't she?" :sigh:. I have to say in my defence I was actually a very tall slightly podgey girl up until puberty ..I was 8yrs old / 5ft 4n1/2in when that happened :(. I just stopped growing upwards and gradually went more sideways from then on.
I've shrunk an inch and a half since then :mad: I so need that inch n a half back now lol. I was made to feel as if I was huge by my parents and others. My siblings were "normal" for want of a better word but I was by far the most active .. Out playing all the time, cycling swimming .. So I have no idea why I was so different

Last edited:
Simple for me. Fat baby, fat toddler, fat child, fat teenager, briefly slim early 20 as very ill, fat 20's, 30 starved my self for 6 months & lost 40kg, fat rest of 30's, fat early 40's, THIN mid forties:D, I wonder why :D

Lovin' that tank top :whistle:

I remember growing up with comments about being overweight.

I was chatting with my mother the other day about being 16 years old as it says 16 on the labels in my knickers and made a comment about my hips finally being a clothes size smaller than my waist for the first time ever - and she said she has a photo of me in the Girl Guides when I was about 12 and being skinny.

If that was the case, why was I told from around the age 10 upwards that I was fat??

Families really need to think about what they are saying and how it affects people.

Looking at those photos I'm going to have to guess we are about the same age as my parents fashion sense was equally as questionable!!

Back