• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I Ate Too Much?

vanilla-cupcake

I just read the thread with what everyone has eaten and im panicking now incase I have ate too much

Today I had

Breakfast: Bowl of rice krispies with ss milk

Lunch: 5 tbsp of cottage pie with gravy

Dinner: 4 tbsp steamed cod with 3tbsp mashed spud with 2 tbsp carrots and white sauce (had some red & brown sauce on it)

Drinking No Added Sugar dilute all day

Is this too much food to be eating, I havn't had a fill yet and im exactly 2 weeks post band op

You should be eating 5 times a day at this stage. I was on liquids for 3 weeks and puree for 3 weeks then normal food.

Are you still on purees?

Its seems like you need to add another meal in, you eat little and often at this stage. Once you are on normal (dry) food then you can change it to 3 times if you are getting enough of each food group in. There are some people the still eat 5 times as they can't get there food groups in in 3 meals.

It looks like you are not getting enough protein in. Try adding slim fast or protein shake.

You should be eating 5 times a day at this stage. I was on liquids for 3 weeks and puree for 3 weeks then normal food.

Hi Sue, I was on liquids for 2 weeks (only done 1 1/2 weeks) and now im on soft, I spoke to the dietician yesterday and she said it was fine for me to start 'soft' early, I can start 'normal' after 1 1/2 weeks if 'soft' is going down fine

Are you still on purees?

Its seems like you need to add another meal in, you eat little and often at this stage.

What could I have as another meal, what am I missing out on?

Once you are on normal (dry) food then you can change it to 3 times if you are getting enough of each food group in. There are some people the still eat 5 times as they can't get there food groups in in 3 meals.

It looks like you are not getting enough protein in. Try adding slim fast or protein shake.

I cant bear slimfast shakes, is there anything else I can take?

my god im a real sweet spot and i think i eat more than that lol you arnt eating to much hun you havnt had a fill yet so you will be able to eat relativly normally so dont panick
today i had

special k cereal bar for brekkie
1 slice of bacon an egg and a tomatoe for lunch
small jacket potatoe and salad for tea
and a handfull of nuts thru day and will have a yogurt later if i get peckish

you will know if you have had enough if you feel full and if your not eating enough your going to feel hungry just trust yourself and listen to signs your tummy giving you

Have you thought about the protein shots that phatgirl has posted about? I am taking those as I rarely get enough protein in my diet and they don't taste too terrible.

Kate - like you I am concerned that I may be eating too much. Have totally forgotten the 4 - 5 meal thing!!! Will mend my ways tomorrow. Hope all is ok with you.

Back