• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I eating too much mushies?

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi guys

Today is my 2nd day on mushy food and I have had:

B: Oat so simple
L: Full Tesco's own brand shepherds pie ready meal (very sloppy) and skinny cow ice lolly
D: Mash potato and gravy about 8tbsps

Is this too much, I am managing food fine, only problem I had was tonight when I ate the mash n gravy too quick I brought a little bit back up which was nasty as i started sweating and salivating...not gud wont be eating quickly again.

I am just paranoid im able to eat so much so soon

Everyone is different. So what might seem too much for one isn't for the other. I am errr, mmm, about 12 weeks post op and I still can't manage a full microwave meal! Maybe they overdid it on the staples!! :D

no...don't worry !!!!

everyone's different and some days you can eat more that other days.

I find that I have difficulty in the morning with food but can eat much more in the evening.

you're quite normal for this stage :)

PD - I obviously can't comment on this cos you are 5 days ahead of me, however, I wanted to say that looks about right according to the WLSG handbook. Oh & I am sooo jealous you are able to eat food! It must have been heaven to have something yesterday!!!!

It was heaven lol, im going to try having half a ready meal with veg for lunch and half for tea instead of a whole one for lunch then something else for evening meal, see how that goes, im bludy sick of seeing 20.0 on the scales i want to see 19 sumthing ahhhhh!!

Can't help you PD as I am a bypasser, but doesn't the restriction kick in much later on for you banders? I think eating too quickly is an issue for all of us who have undergone surgery...youch!!!

its difficult because we are all different i couldnt have eaten a whole micro meal but thats just me, i would recommend varying what your eating as well carreroled veg is great and filling and mashes swede n carrot fills you up and next to no cals, another of my fav meals on mushes was strawberrys and half a banana for lunch, i have a bowl toddler/kids size and if it dont fit it the bowl it doesnt get eaten that way i know im not eating to much:)

Back