• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

have i done any damage :(

BandyEmm

Yesterday i was so bloody hungry and had a chicken salad... and today im hungry again :(

have i done any damage from the chicken salad :cry:

Sorry but we wont be able to tell you that. Im sure you now that you shouldnt of eaten the chicken salad, so please dont eat something like that again.

I know its hard but its really important to follow the stages advised to you, to allow you to heal but also to prepare you for each subsequent stage.

Good luck x

i know i know i was wrong for letting myself down. And utterley ashamed :(

However im drawing a line underneath the incident and now getting my sad sorry ass into a postive week and getting my tredmill out tomorrow :)

Xxx

well, it's done now, no point beating yourself up, so move on. I have found salad to be strangely compelling lol but I haven't given in! I made some soup this afternoon, why not do that and have that ready so that if you feel the need to eat you can have that!

Aw Em Im sure you wont have done too much damage. You are doing the right thing and getting right back on track, you will be fine. Good Luck x

Hi Em. It is really early days for you as far as eating salad is concerned. What sort of regime has your providers recommended for this point in our wls journey? It is difficult - nobody here would say otherwise but the only way this surgery will work for you is if you work with it. I am almost nine months post op, a slow loser and still learning - it's a steep learning curve for some of us!! The most important thing a this stage is to follow the eating plan/advise that you have been given by your provider. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh its not meant to be.

Hi Emm :wavey:
You have been given some really sound advise here hun;)
This operation is just a tool and not a fix and you do have to use the tool as instructed and work with it for it to be able to work.
What dietary advise where you given to follow from the hospital before leaving? It is really important to follow it, and people are not being harsh by telling you this but you need to break solids in slowly to your diet again.
When is your next follow up? How are things going with your healing now, have the anti-biotics kicked in and helped at all?
Take care hun,:hug99:
:party0011::party0049: Xxx em xxX:party0049::party0011:

Hi there,

Just to reassure you that you will have done no damage, my stages of food were this days 1-3 liquids, days 3-4 mush, days 4-7 more solid and from day 7 back to normal food.

There are a few of us that have had this as our diet afterwards and we are all fine.

i know i know i was wrong for letting myself down. And utterley ashamed :(

However im drawing a line underneath the incident and now getting my sad sorry ass into a postive week and getting my tredmill out tomorrow :)

Xxx

awww I have just seen your reply here and I am really sorry that you feel like that - you have not let yourself down at all hun. Listen to what Caz has said, you have not done yourself any damage so please do not worry about it and tommorrow is another day ;) xxxxxx :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Thanks everyone, xxx

Hi Em
i doubt you've done any damage , i was back on solid foods by 10-14days ,albeit small amounts (i checked with the team as i was starving), but i have tried everything, chew everything well.At my check up last wk i was told everything was fine , so stop worrying , try and stay on track, but none of us are saints ,hope your feeling better .x

It's not really about what damage you've done to the band, its about where your head is right now, for the band to work you must be in the right place mentally it takes some real hard work to lose the weight with the band so keep thinking positive about why you had this op done......Good luck:)

thanks back on track and doing ok so far, bellys been growing like a pack of lions ... Enough for my sons nursery teacher to hear :D

Got a post op check up next week (30th) xxx

thanks xx

Back