• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

query

jaynel

hi just wondered if you would be able to tell if your band came unclipped. had my surgery on 20th may of this year, and up until my hol everything was ok. However, on holiday, although I ate lots of salad, chicken fish, etc, I now worry about the QUANTITY of what I ate, and how quickly. I don't usually drink at home, but on holiday I consumed an awful lot of alcohol, and am ashamed to say I have gained 12lbs. nothing feels different, but am worried if any lasting damage has been done, and am now feeling extremely angry at myself x

im sure someone will be able to answer your question who has had a band done

My understanding of unclipped bands is that it shouldnt just happen because of over indulging.

Coming unclipped would be down to the surgeon not putting it in right or simply down to the way the band has been made.
You are more at risk of the band slipping by what you have said. And if that happened, you would definitely know about it (search through fit others stories)

I spoke to my surgeon about band slippage so that I was armed with the knowledge. He said most providers stitch the stomach lining over the top of the band to hold it in place. If you eat too much it can flip over and that would cause a severe reaction to you not eating bring sick pain etc.

Mt op was on 2may and I've had 2 fills to 3.5 mil. I have been able to increase my portion sizes quite a bit since op. however I am still losing 1lb a week. When I went on hol I lost 3lb - I think I was more conscious of not over indulging that I ate less than at home! I still are what I wanted to though.

if you are not sure then speak to your care team as they are the ones who know you best and know your medical process... I haven't had the band but I would hope it would be rare for it be able to get unclipped .... make the phone call tomorrow to put your mind at rest ... good luck xxx

Back