• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have I got away with it?

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hello peeps, im just over 6 months out and have had no hair loss, have I got away with it? :fingerscrossed: or am I speaking too soon? :ignore:

Mine didnt start until 10 months so the last month or so ive really noticed it. The thickening shampoos do work though, if only for the day!
Im not sure when its supposed to thicken up again naturally?

Kim

Mine didnt start until 10 months so the last month or so ive really noticed it. The thickening shampoos do work though, if only for the day!
Im not sure when its supposed to thicken up again naturally?

Kim
:cry:thanks Kim x

Hi

You might be lucky mine started dropping out at 3 months and had stopped by the time I got to 6 months, 3 months is a very common time for it to start but then again that is for bypassers, do sleeve patients also suffer from hair loss, I thought it was a bypass thing.

Paul

Hi

You might be lucky mine started dropping out at 3 months and had stopped by the time I got to 6 months, 3 months is a very common time for it to start but then again that is for bypassers, do sleeve patients also suffer from hair loss, I thought it was a bypass thing.

Paul
no Paul, we all get it lol I hope i dont start now :wave_cry:

mine's started, i'm nearly 4 months out from bypass. i had my hair cut today to take some weight/pressure off the hair there was lots of it in the basin when she washed it, and one side at the front she noticed it thinning more than the other. been told bout upping protein, ive got some nourishing shampoo n conditioner. hoping all of the above will help x

Caren said:
Hello peeps, im just over 6 months out and have had no hair loss, have I got away with it? :fingerscrossed: or am I speaking too soon? :ignore:

It's how your body reacts essentially, I was obsessive with always eating protein 1st and by the bucket loads. I never got hair loss at all. Even now 6 years on I think protein 1st and my hair is fine. But again it could be in the genes and maybe I just got lucky.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My hairdresser hasn't noticed a thing and neither have I. I'm a year out tomorrow. My sleeversary YEAY!!

Try a shampoo and conditioner called mioxin. I had ovarian cancer last year and lost ALOT of hair after surgery. I think protein increase also helped my re growth back x

Hope this helps a little

I'm a sleeves & mine started about 4 months out but stopped recently & beginning to thicken & look normal. Only me & hairdresser noticed. I used Revitalize shampoo not sure if it helped though but had no bald patches just lots in the plug hole uuuurgh! My hairdresser cut it shorter & a few extra layers & it helped disguise the thinning. Good luck.

7 months out and my hair is still falling out. It has been from 3 months, hoping it will stop soon or I'm going to need a wig!!! :(

Hello peeps, im just over 6 months out and have had no hair loss, have I got away with it? :fingers crossed: or am I speaking too soon? :ignore:

Ooo darlin ... ever heard of tempting fate :eek: As you know mine fell out from 3months but has now hit the 2inch grow back stage ... aside from looking like daffy duck with tufts allover, I am thrilled it has made a reappearance :D I'm easily pleased though :p Hopefully you have gotten away with it as cos it is so short, there is not so much weight to weaken the follicle :)
Anyway, you would still look gawg with a Siobhan O'Connor :D xxx

Oooh not been on here for ages, popped back tonight and there you go reminding me that hair loss could be imminent , hope its skipped you though Caren xxxx

Mine started day after survey and still continues to go through phases of thickening up then falling out. It's not noticeable anymore but x

Guys they key to keeping you're hair from falling or is to increase you're protein intake. I was told that i would need to consume 70-80 grams of protein a day. So increase your intake add more shake pet day..see if that works

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

well I used to have beautiful long shiny healthy hair but it is now short dull thin and I hate it :( I . keep asking hairdresser if it has improved every time I go 6 weekly and still get no for answer :(

I also found out that the drastically lower calorie intake cause hair loss so you may want to talk to your surgeon instead of you're hair dresser. Just a thought!

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Back