• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Have you reached your target weight ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Who has reached there goal/target weight?
I'm over 2 yrs post op now,and I don't think I'm going to ever get there.
8 stone lost,but need 2 stones to go,as I'm only 5.1 in height.
But my bmi is 30 now..

Well done on your weight loss hun

Im just over a year post surgery 11 stone down, think my weight has platued tbh at the moment so hoping i can kick start it soon, cos in an ideal world i would love to be 11 stone but dont think that going to happen though but i would like to lose about another 2-2 1/2 stone!

Have been going gym reguarly apart from last 2 weeks as my back has been bad but back this week cant wait!!

Fingers crossed i get there with target weight once again well done with u xx

Thanks x

My clothes tell a different story..I'm 12/14 jean and 10/12 top.
My weight is just over 11 stone..
I think If I lost 2 stone I'd look ill but my chart says I'm still overweight.
And I still feel big,and would really like more weight off as I'm a little in height.
So I look balanced...if you know what I mean!

Are you happy with your size and clothes size? we start off with a goal weight in mind, but many people change that goal, as we have no idea what we will look like once we near it. Maybe a little reassesment is needed? good luck :) x

It's a chart that is very out of date. If your happy in yourself then don't think about targets and bmi.

I did reach my own 'target' which was right at the top of the so called normal weight range for my height and struggle my way through to stay there just about. At the moment I am up about 10lbs and its annoying me to death as some of my clothes don't fit so well and I am off on my holidays in 2 weeks.

M

i've 6lbs to go not sure they will but happy with how i am at the moment :) maybe when i have my gall stones removed ha ha well you never know what weight carrying those around :)

I'm about 16lbs off my new target weight. Before I started this journey I was determined to reach the mid point in my ideal weight range for my height which is 9st7lbs at my 1yr post op check I had lost 93% of my excess weight & was 11st 3lb & was told they wouldn't be unhappy if I lost no more weight having lost 8st from my biggest.

I had decided with the excess skin I probably wouldn't have reached that target weight & re-adjusted my target to 10st 7lbs which whilst being the top end of my ideal weight range but would give me a bmi of 24.9 so healthy weight & bmi. Since then my self destruct button has been pushed & combined with family challenges I've struggled to cope & so my weight has gone up & down. I'm slowly regaining my focus & the scales are going down again whether I reach my revised target or my original one I have a great new size 10 wardrobe rather than my old 22+ wardrobe of clothes if I try for my lower target I may look ill if I reach it do time, & appearance will decide when I call a halt & figure out the maintainance diet.

Whether I try for plastic surgery later is a decision I've toyed with as I struggle with my flabby bits & self image because of them but then that may be a hang up anyway even without the flabby bits. But I'm not sure I'm ready for that choice yet.
Whatever happens I'm glad I did it, I'm glad I'm healthier & thinner just need the self image & emotions to catch up with the physical changes.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I reached my target weight within a year , I originally aimed for ten stone and got down too 9 st , even my dietician told me not to lose any more ( dont hear that often) wishing u all the best BD x

I will tell you if I ever get nera to my target, the hispital didnt give me one but i want to be in the 13's really but a size 16 on the bottom would be nice would Make me 14-16 on the top would be a happy bunny but don't know if the body will do it xx

I'm thinking with my little jelly on my thighs and little wobble on upper arms,I'm limited to getting smaller.
I know I can't be big still being a sz 12/14..but I still feel it.
It's because I'm a little titch at 5.1 so really want to get to 9stones but it looks impossible.

Whatever happens I'm glad I did it, I'm glad I'm healthier & thinner just need the self image & emotions to catch up with the physical changes.

Big hugs to you. I feel exactly the same.

I lost a heck of a lot of weight. My target was 80% of my excess, but I ended up losing something like 110%. I lost too much but there was an underlying reason which is now happily sorted. I'd love to know exactly how much my excess skin weighs out of interest, but as for plastic surgery I'm unsure. I don't think I want to go under the knife again. It wasn't my most fun thing ever to do.

I'm 1lb away at the moment but seem to go up and down between 11.1 & 11.3 but I really wanted to reach 11 stone. Now I'm so close I'm considering changing my target to 10.10? On the 15th this month it will be 1 year since my op. If I was to stop losing now I would still be very happy.
I think a size 12/14 is amazing wot ever height u are and its considered within 'normal' sizing in shops so have lots of choice. X

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I'm a couple pounds off a 'healthy 'weight but have revised my original goal upwards as to get to mid- BMI healthy scale would make me thinner than I'd like to be. I'm mostly a size 12, sometimes a 14 ( and occasionally a 10 lol) and at 5ft 10 ins I think that's small enough.I am definitely heavier than I was when I was last this size so I think loose skin must come into the equation somewhere !

Last edited:
Miss Tickle said:
I a few ponds off a 'healthy 'weight but have revised my original goal upwards as to get to mid- BMI healthy scale would make me thinner than I'd like to be. I'm mostly a size 12, sometimes a 14 ( and occasionally a 10 lol) and at 5ft 10 ins I think that's small enough.I am definitely heavier than I was when I was last this size so I think loose skin must come into the equation somewhere !

If your 5.10 and 12 you sound just perfect!

Thanks EL- never perfect but much much slimmer than I ever imagined possible. I just have to live in the moment and not go into a big depression mourning all the years I lost through being fat.

Back