• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a bad day

deepblue

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Having a really bad day and very angry at myself I am 5 weeks post op and just started solids as I could not face the mushy food any longer and was told it would be ok to make the change.
I have been doing really well but had a bad day with family problems and this has lead to me eating. I know I need to change my habits and I am really angry at myself its one slip up and wont happen again but the thing is I have had no real restriction with what I have eaten today and even ate a mars bar without any problem I am now scared that if I am not feeling restriction or dumping then what's wrong with my bypass.
[/FONT]

hey hun i didnt want to read and run and im a bander so i cant help you as i dont know about the bypass, hopefully someone will be along soon to help you, i wouldnt worry about it not working tho as the surgery has been done,,, hmmm im not sure hun sorry i cant be of any help x

I worry about the amount I can eat, I had my op say day as you.
For instance todayfor breakfast I had 1/2 banana, 5 strawberries, 1 weetabix and milk all blizted together and managed it well, I was stuffed afterwards but compared to others I seem to be able to eat more then them.

I'm sure there will always be days when we will be tempted to eat the wrong things, thats why we have ended up needing surgery, grit your teeth and tomnorrow is another day

Thanks guys hopefully tommorow will be better would just love to know why I dont feel full and why after a whole mars bar I did not dump i find it strange how everyone is diffrent in what they can eat

Sorry just being nosey did you have a bypass or a band. In you above post it says bypass but on the left it says band. If it was a band I don't think banders dump and don't have proper restriction after initial swelling has gone down until they have a fill. Anyway that aside I am sure tomorrow will be a better day for you.

It was a bypass dreamofbeingslim

Firstly don't beat yourself up about it...this is the advice I'm always given when I feel things spiralling out of control, because the more you berate yourself the worse you feel and the more likely you'll be to turn to the wrong types of food.

You know you shouldn't have had the mars bar, and you won't do it again - draw a line under it.

Secondly even though the dumping is a great deterrant as you said it doesn't happen to everyone.

And lastly compare what you ate today with what you would have had pre op - write it down if this helps and I'm certain you'll see a major difference.

Take care and keep looking forwards.

xx

Thanks poppy

Deepblue, you may not dump yet but i've heard this can develop later on! I've found my restriction is really kicking in this last week, whereas i wasn't really conscious of it in the other weeks after my op, i just looked at my portions and thought 'yeah that looks about the right size from what i've learned on this site' ...

Please learn from today and keep away from the Mars bars, as for restriction it's coming :) xx

Daftmoo, wait till you start things a bit more solid. You'll be amazed how little you can eat then :) xx

trust me the dumping could be coming soon as well I am now 8 months post op and only had my first proper dump this month an my word did i know about it so never fear it can still happen. don't worry about a blip we all have them but we learn from them, you will do fine hun xxx

Thanks for the words guys I am back on track today and have banned sweets from the house till I can trust myself round them.

Back