• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to eat?

fatnomoreclo

Hello all, nearly 13 weeks post bypass op & am struggling to come up with what to have for breakfast lunch & dinner! It's like I've forgot what I've eaten pre bypass lol! Really struggling with all meats & fish all of a sudden but am sticking at them! Eggs are a no no as every way I have them they get stuck, fruit whether it be fresh, frozen, cooked, blended any way makes me dump really bad! Nuts really give me a bad tummy ache! Any ideas for my 3 meals a day I'm starting to feel not normal thanks Clo x x

Hello all, nearly 13 weeks post bypass op & am struggling to come up with what to have for breakfast lunch & dinner! It's like I've forgot what I've eaten pre bypass lol! Really struggling with all meats & fish all of a sudden but am sticking at them! Eggs are a no no as every way I have them they get stuck, fruit whether it be fresh, frozen, cooked, blended any way makes me dump really bad! Nuts really give me a bad tummy ache! Any ideas for my 3 meals a day I'm starting to feel not normal thanks Clo x x
I have been struggling with breakfast, I have suddenly developed an intollerance to milk (giving me really bad stomach pain) even lactofree milk is that same, the only thing I can manage is half a warburton thin lightly toasted. rest of the day I am ok with everything else any ideas would be great x

What about kippers, tons of protein and you can get a small portion which cooks in the microwave. I also eat a lot of smoked haddock for dinners with a little mash/new potatoes, grilled toms or veg. I love faggots as well, cook all 4 of them & divide into pots with veg and mash then freeze.
I typed into google healthy meals and tons of information came up. I find it much easier when i plan for the next day and stick to it. I would get cooking and freezing as youve always got something in there for dinner then.

Kim

I bought a little under 100 kcal cook book with loads of fab ideas, you could make your own burgers and serve in a lettuce leaf instead of bun, home made chilli, home made low fat potato wedges and beans, low fat curries, slow cooked meat so it falls apart, homemade fish or crab cakes, scallops (easier to eat than fish) prawns, melba toast and low fat cheese spread, ... The list is endless and I think its important to still enjoy your food xxx maybe even a slimming world book would give you some ideas xx

Think you need to have a look at the information you brought home after the op with menu ideas on most days i have creal for breakfast- porridge/weetabix, lunch cuppa soup n fruit, fruit in jelly, yoghurt, tea time i usually have a dinner meat veg potato. I make sure when i make sunday lunch i have enough left over for 3 or 4 days through the week then its just to heat up with gravy. I do enjoy crackers and toast and wraps i can eat most things now just very small portions just watch my portions of carbs. 2 or 3 a day. Speak to the dietician if you still struggling xx

chrisa said:
Think you need to have a look at the information you brought home after the op with menu ideas on most days i have creal for breakfast- porridge/weetabix, lunch cuppa soup n fruit, fruit in jelly, yoghurt, tea time i usually have a dinner meat veg potato. I make sure when i make sunday lunch i have enough left over for 3 or 4 days through the week then its just to heat up with gravy. I do enjoy crackers and toast and wraps i can eat most things now just very small portions just watch my portions of carbs. 2 or 3 a day. Speak to the dietician if you still struggling xx

That would be the obvious answer, however I didn't get any info regarding normal food! And no menu's full stop! I started off fine eating normally now have trouble with meats etc just wanted some others ideas as I'm struggling to think of thing to have! Also have never spoke to or seen a dietician.

mayamoo said:
I bought a little under 100 kcal cook book with loads of fab ideas, you could make your own burgers and serve in a lettuce leaf instead of bun, home made chilli, home made low fat potato wedges and beans, low fat curries, slow cooked meat so it falls apart, homemade fish or crab cakes, scallops (easier to eat than fish) prawns, melba toast and low fat cheese spread, ... The list is endless and I think its important to still enjoy your food xxx maybe even a slimming world book would give you some ideas xx

Thank you so much, never thought of any of this my mind just gone blank will give those all a try xx

stuckinafatsuit said:
What about kippers, tons of protein and you can get a small portion which cooks in the microwave. I also eat a lot of smoked haddock for dinners with a little mash/new potatoes, grilled toms or veg. I love faggots as well, cook all 4 of them & divide into pots with veg and mash then freeze.
I typed into google healthy meals and tons of information came up. I find it much easier when i plan for the next day and stick to it. I would get cooking and freezing as youve always got something in there for dinner then.

Kim

Thank you Kim will take all your advice on board and give them a try x x

cu16 said:
I have been struggling with breakfast, I have suddenly developed an intollerance to milk (giving me really bad stomach pain) even lactofree milk is that same, the only thing I can manage is half a warburton thin lightly toasted. rest of the day I am ok with everything else any ideas would be great x

I've been having yogurts for breakfast like petis filous or a frube Which does get boring hope my thread gives us both ideas hun x x

i think every hospital must do things differently we saw the dietician 3times before the op and twice before being discharged we all got printed sheet but you can google it there are ideas and suggestions for menus and things on there. I have a problem with fish'tuna and jacket potatoes i struggle to eat those they seem to get stuck some how yet i can eat just bout everything else. Hope you find what youre looking for sorry i couldn't be of any help x

chrisa said:
i think every hospital must do things differently we saw the dietician 3times before the op and twice before being discharged we all got printed sheet but you can google it there are ideas and suggestions for menus and things on there. I have a problem with fish'tuna and jacket potatoes i struggle to eat those they seem to get stuck some how yet i can eat just bout everything else. Hope you find what youre looking for sorry i couldn't be of any help x

Yea I think they do! I admit my hospitals aftercare & prep for the op is complete crap! Thank you anyway x x

I love my porridge in the mornings. Half a pack of Oatso Simple with 2 heaped tsps of Marvel milk pwd added for extra protein. Made with skimmed milk with a sprinkle of splenda and a little chopped banana stirred in at the end and if I have them a few sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Delish. If I fancy something cold instead I stir the oats and other stuff into greek yogurt instead. Gorgeous and a good amount of protein and the oats are good for cholesterol.

I fancy smoked haddock for breakfast now lol.

Kate x

Mrs Quiggle said:
I love my porridge in the mornings. Half a pack of Oatso Simple with 2 heaped tsps of Marvel milk pwd added for extra protein. Made with skimmed milk with a sprinkle of splenda and a little chopped banana stirred in at the end and if I have them a few sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Delish. If I fancy something cold instead I stir the oats and other stuff into greek yogurt instead. Gorgeous and a good amount of protein and the oats are good for cholesterol.

I fancy smoked haddock for breakfast now lol.

Kate x

Yea I did start having oat so Simps but it gets boring every day! Will get some marvel milk powder for protein though ESP as I'm having trouble with meat thank you x c

Back