• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HAVING BAND REMOVED!! YIPPPEEE!!!

sharbear

Wish I could say I have been successfull and lost loads of wieght, but unfortunatly, I havent!

Not sure if you will remember, some might, but I posted a while back about my port flipping over just a week or so after getting it put in.
Well I was told Id need further surgery to correct it! I wasnt too happy about it and had trouble trying to decide what to do.
I should take this oportunity to say thanks to all those who posted advice for me when I asked about my problem.

Anyway, long story short - seems the whole band has actually twisted somehow and is causing lots of pain in my stomach.
So . . . I having it taken out after about a week!
Im disappointed, but looking forward to putting the whole experience behind me!

Does anyone have any experience of having theyre band removed? Do you think it will be similiar pain and recovering as when its put in?

Hi, no advice for you unfortunately, just wanted to say glad you wont be in pain anymore through it twisting, you sound excited to be having it out.

Will you be getting another or more wls??

Hope the op goes well and you have a quick recovery x x

Wish I could say I have been successfull and lost loads of wieght, but unfortunatly, I havent!

Not sure if you will remember, some might, but I posted a while back about my port flipping over just a week or so after getting it put in.
Well I was told Id need further surgery to correct it! I wasnt too happy about it and had trouble trying to decide what to do.
I should take this oportunity to say thanks to all those who posted advice for me when I asked about my problem.

Anyway, long story short - seems the whole band has actually twisted somehow and is causing lots of pain in my stomach.
So . . . I having it taken out after about a week!
Im disappointed, but looking forward to putting the whole experience behind me!

Does anyone have any experience of having theyre band removed? Do you think it will be similiar pain and recovering as when its put in?

hi shar i remember talking to when you posted before my 1st band was twisted like yours and i had it removed, dont you want another band ? as if not you will be loosing a good opertunity of loosing weight, i remember you said your partner wasnt happy about it.
recovery and pain is about the same with the gas but i didnt mind it so much as i knew what to expect.

i cant understand why your so happy about this :confused:

liz x

Hi, thanks Kelly. No I will definatly not be getting any more surgery!!!
Ive had enough pain!
Well I have 15-20kgs to lose, so Im just going to try and organise some kind of plan (diet and fitness) to help me lose the weight.

Hi Liz,
Im just happy to end the suffering, I have pain every day, when I move my waist left or right I can feel the band pulling my stomach, and when I bend over I can hear the port clicking as it pops out of its place under my muscle!!
Its not been a good experience for me, so just looking forward to putting it behind me!

Maybe I was turning to the band for the wrong reasons!

Hi Liz,
Im just happy to end the suffering, I have pain every day, when I move my waist left or right I can feel the band pulling my stomach, and when I bend over I can hear the port clicking as it pops out of its place under my muscle!!
Its not been a good experience for me, so just looking forward to putting it behind me!

Maybe I was turning to the band for the wrong reasons!

ahh ok shar, i understand, have you got a date for the removal op ?

Yea, 5th May. Just really nervous about the surgery now!
Liz did they use the same incisions for your 2nd surgery? I dont want to come out with more scars!

i think they will use the same scars with you shar, they had to make new ones for me as i lost 3 of the original scars when i had the fluer de lys tummy tuck.

i wish you success in your future with what ever path you choose to take to loose weight.

good luck & let us know how the debanding op goes.

liz xxx

Last edited:
Back