• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At the start of my WLS journey - 2 days post band

Ali Furlong

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd say hello after having a look around the site.
I'm somebody that has struggled with my weight since my early teens and have typically been a size 10 one year up to a 16-18 the next. I have 3 children and gained hideous amounts of weight with each pregnancy.
My youngest son was born 29/11/16 and I'm below my booking weight for that pregnancy after following slimming world since January.
I was so tired of dieting and achieving then failing and punishing myself mentally. My reason for surgery was to end the cycle and improve my physical and emotional health.
My current BMI is 33 and I am aiming for the first time I over a decade to get back into the healthy range - which is about 4 stone to lose.
Currently feeling sore and full of wind and looking forward to speaking to people in the same boat and hearing the positive parts of the journey and what I can expect!
I had my surgery in Dolan Park on Tuesday by Mr Richardson - I was told he'd put 4ml into my band during the procedure xx

Hello and welcome and congratulations on getting your band!

We have lots of lovely banded members who will be only too happy to offer you support.

The wind is not nice but the more you move (little and often) the quicker it goes.

Do you know what size band you have?

Hope you feel better soon and good luck! x

Thank you for the reply Mazza, it does seem to be easing as time goes on - I'm deflating bit bY bit ha!
The band size on the box is small - not sure of its overall capacity (feel the info given was a bit lacking really!) have you any idea?
Xx

Oh that's good news, it's not nice is it?

Small band (I think, or at least it was when I had mine) is a 9 ml, so having 4 in it already should certainly have an impact. This should mean that you feel good restriction straight away and still some when the swelling goes down.

Not all surgeons / providers will add a fill during the op but I can see why some do as some patients feel no difference after a couple of days, just with the band.

Take things slowly and follow the plan you were given and you'll soon start dropping the weight :D xx

Hello and welcome :) I hope you're continuing to heal well X-Men

Hi and welcome

Hope your healing and feeling better now xx

Back