• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

having surgery on nhs but paying privately

I think you can but you will be put in a private room in the NHS hospital. I'm sure my provider offers that option. :)

Yes it is possible. It is what I did but like Sharon says I had my own room but I was in a nhs hospital. Had amazing care, so did all the nhs patients which was really nice to see as previous hospital experiences have been less than good but this experience was excellent.

Agree with brian. My surgeon does offer the bypass at 12000 pounds and you get the same care as someone on the nhs

I'm sure you have to pick your provider first, then write to local hosp to ask if they will provide a bed for you. Probably best to ask your GP or the surgeon you choose to go with.
Mine was done privately at private hospital 50 miles away, then I got told I could have written to one of the local hospitals to request it being done there!!!
Luckily my provider holds his clinics locally, so it doesn't matter now :)

If you look online at hospital websites that offer bariatric surgery most will advertise if they offer a private service.

Back