• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems After Surgery (Paid for Privately)...did you go to the NHS?

its frustrating really...id love to have this done on the NHS, but with their stupid hurdles, its going to impossible for me (Im a healthy fattie at the moment!)

Would the NHS deny a drug addict treatment? Or a smoker treatment? So why am i denied treatment as a food addict :confused: Just p*sses me off that id need to gain even more weight and then get other illnesses so im considered :( I want to break this cycle before it gets worse.

So until then, its the private route for me (roll on January!)

I totally agree with you; it is horribly frustrating. I've never made sense of individual PCT's ignoring NICE guidelines & imposing almost suicidal citeria before granting funding. I think if you can somehow find the money to pay for it yourself, then go for it. And that way, you don't have to go through the sheer purgatory of jumping through hoops & waiting endlessly for appointments xxx

Hi - I have just had my surgery privately - funded by a loan (0% credit card deal over 13 months!). I put the money into the bank, paid by cheque and will pay it off monthly. Hopefully well worth the investment. I am just like you, clinically 'obese' but not super obese or with any other complications. But hey ho I want to avoid them. My mother has diabetes and she is not even a big lady and we have a family history of cancer (which I know is increased by carrying extra weight). Add to this the fact that I am 'cooking apple' shape, I know myself that my risks are much increased. I therefore took the decision to go private (about a year ago) but did nothing about it till last month when spurred on by a friend, who also went private, I got myself organised. So here I am only about six weeks later post op and already on the losers bench.:D

Take the decision and just do it!!

Good luck xxx

Hi Deets - Thanks. I am feeling just great (honestly!) and am hoping that I continue in the same way. I am sitting at the computer and cannot believe that only three days ago I was on an operating table.

In the words of Mr. Ronald McDonald 'I'm loving it!'

xxxxxxx

Back