• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having trouble eating :(

Awenlock

Switched to stage 2 yesterday and for my tea I had pureed mashed potato and some blended fish, I made sure I only took teeny mouthfuls but after 2 bites it seemed to get stuck and a couple mins later I brought it back up, have had the same problem today, it seems that anything that is slightly thicker is getting stuck but I can still eat the yogurts and thinned out soup, I was really looking forward to the pureed stage but it seems my pouch isn't ready yet. I am going to try some mashed potato and gravy for my tea, I just hope it doesn't get stuck again. Xx

It is trial & error, sweets ... some things will suit you & others not so much. Also some days you will be able to eat something & the next you can't. :( You will work out what works for you xxx :):)

I hated this stage as I ought id never be able to eat again propley but bet with it and use loads of sauce and gravy and make things runny, if u have a bad day go bk to soups, try some thicker soups or lumpy soups..... Take it slow it's worth the paitences xxx

I feel ur pain hun x

If thinks get stuck try walking around, for me i just end up burping a lot then the pain goes (yey!).

You could even try dolmio sauce if u fancy it? Try squishing down the tomato chunks etc

X

Thanks everyone, I took yr advice and just added loads of gravy to my mashed potato and it was fine, I think maybe some of it is psychological as I know how much it hurts if u gulp a bit too much drink, plus I am still on strong anti biotics due to some of my wounds being infected and they always make me a little sickly. But hey ho, I will do the old trial and error and I will stop trying to run before I can walk :) thankyou guys xxx mwah

Have finally updated all my bits and pieces because my darling hubby has bought me a new laptop :)
i can now see everyones tickers and everything instead of just the post on my phone yayyyy

Awenlock said:
Have finally updated all my bits and pieces because my darling hubby has bought me a new laptop :)
i can now see everyones tickers and everything instead of just the post on my phone yayyyy

Oooooh ya a lucky girl.... Tell him il have one in White lol xxx

How you getting on hun, things going down better x

Hi bex, am doing ok, still coming across a lot of things that don't seem to want to go down, but I have me ole faithful mash n gravy :)..lol.

It's getting easier and I seem to have started losing a little bit of weight again, so all is good, how u getting on hunni? Xx

Thats good hun, have you tried adding cheese to it for protein. Am okay, 7 days to go and be joining you still on the lovely soup :-(

Hi if you have fish again try mixing it with a little parsley sauce or hollandaise. I buy the packet mixes fromAsda's own brand you only have to add hot water and mix. It will make it more runny for you. Good luck.

Cheesy mash is one of my staples at the moment, and I've started having it a little thicker. It gives you the protein and calcium, tastes good, and, for me at least, goes down easy. See if you can manage that maybe?? Laughing cow mixed in with instant mash is quite good, because you can mix the instant mash as runny/sloppy as you can manage it. x

I will try that Hun thx, I have some light dairylea, might add some of that for a change. Will be staying away from the fish for a while although I have tried a bit of tuna Mayo and that seemed to go down ok. Xx. Bet u can't wait bex, the liquid only stage is the worst, not enough savoury options xx

Am counting the days hun, shep pie next sunday yum yum xx

I.m so relieved to have read this post. As I am 4 days on stage 2 and have had exact same problem. First day mas was great, second day scrambled egg came straight up, third day pureed fish came straight up, today ad strained soup again and was okay. I had been panicking as thought was a problem just I had. Gonna stay on liquids tomoz and try mash again Tuesday. One thing that I can take and finding great is Carrs Meltz with cheese spread, goes down a treat.

Back