• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heartless Heartlands have done it again!

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Please spare a thought for my mate Kate Thomson. On 18 Jan – less than 24 hours before her bypass, she was cancelled by Heartlands due to Mr Kumar’s untimely exodus.

Despite this she remained upbeat and hopeful, and was eventually offered a new date – tomorrow 17 May – that’s a delay of 3 months.

In the meantime she’s seen many patients go on to have their ops at Heartlands, even though they hadn’t even been scheduled at the time she was cancelled.

Guess who called her at 17:15 tonight?

Yes – Heartlands – to cancel tomorrow’s operation due to ‘a power cut’.

She is understandably desperately upset, angry and disillusioned, and just feels as though she wants to just give up. She’s done so well on her pre-op – she’s lost over 3 stone, and it just doesn’t seem fair.

I’ve suggested that she insist on a transfer to another hospital; L & D are covered by Northants pct, but she is worried that she’ll just have to start the whole process again.

As she has once again reorganized her family and work life for the next few weeks to accommodate an operation which now looks like it will not take place – again – she will be confronting the hospital administrator tomorrow to see what can be done.

Any advice for her?

No advice hun but so gutted on her behalf. Please let her know that I am thinking of her.

Also for info l and d seem to be about 4 months from first session to op at the moment.

Sorry no advice, but really feel for her being messed about so much :mad:
Hope she gets another date soon and they manage to stick to it this time!
Em xxxx

Thats absolutely ridiculous i am so sorry for her. I could cry just thinking about how she must feel to have it happen twice is shocking, I had a harrowing last 2 weeks before mine due to high bp had to get it checked every other day as preop nurse said no surgeon would touch me with that high bp. I was in a constant stress didnt no for certain till i got to hospital if it would be ok or not that was bad enough. Can't beleive it, really maddening when some people just sail through from start to finnish with little waiting time and without any stress at all. I think she should threaten to go private and send them the bill they'll love that. xx

oh bless her heart....... i hope she lets the hospital have it with both barrels today! its not fair to mess someone around if they are having a genral surgery but to do it to someone under so much pressure thats having this type of surgery is unthinkable!! i wish her all the best for today and hope she gets a speedy resolve xx p.s if she doesnt get anywhere i would contact the pct directly, tell them whats happened and see where she stands with regards to a move to a different hospital for surgery asap you can also contact the local pals team to see if they can intervine in the hospital treatment of your friend xx

This has totally gutted and winded me!!! I can't believe they would do this again!!!!! I thought I glimpsed Kate yesterday. Called Sarah out of the support group. But may have been making that up in my head.

This is so dreadful. Heartless is right!!!! Seems a strange excuse too :( this is disgusting! Xxx

She should demand a move to a private hospital ASAP. She should have grounds for it by now xxx

omg noooo :cry: PALS :mad:

Yes, I think she should go to PALS too. That's just ridiculous. Talk about messing with your head. I can only begin to imagine how she's feeling today.

This has totally gutted and winded me!!! I can't believe they would do this again!!!!! I thought I glimpsed Kate yesterday. Called Sarah out of the support group. But may have been making that up in my head.

This is so dreadful. Heartless is right!!!! Seems a strange excuse too :( this is disgusting! Xxx
hiya, yes it was me, i have sent you a reply to your lovely messgage, i was just too upset to introduce myself, but we WILL meet up one day, with CATHI,

thanks everyone, i told them this weekend or money transferred to a hospital that could do the OP!! ... rescheduled for monday. everything crossed xxxx

OMG! That must be utter torture - poor girl x

I cant say what i want to say on here cos it contains swear words!! its so upsetting... we have all been going through this with her... and for that hospital to mess with her emotions and family life yet again... is so unfair x

Good luck or Monday, hope all goes well.
Em xxxxxx

kate thomson said:
hiya, yes it was me, i have sent you a reply to your lovely messgage, i was just too upset to introduce myself, but we WILL meet up one day, with CATHI,

I would have felt the same as you chick xxx Defo would be great to meet up one day with Cathi.

Massive good luck for Monday lovely lady!!! Xxx

Pleased you got Monday as new date Kate. Hope everythign goes to plan i think its disgusting the way you have been treat. Good luck hope they pamper you silly. xx

That's much better news Kate. Good luck for Monday xx

good luck for Monday and well done for still sounding positive xx

Back