• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heinz tomato soup

debbieb said:
Can I just add ...
As people who have read my previous posts will know , I am now 14 weeks post op ( bypass ) , and things have not gone according to and I am stuck at the moment on a diet of soup , yogurt , and weetabix .. And I personally have JUST HEINZ TOMATO SOUP !! ... It's the only soup that I can tolerate without being sick !!! .....you name the flavour , and I have tried it !! And I have found that the other flavours that have bits in them , I.e Mushroom, chicken, oxtail etc, make me sick, so to be honest I am not bothered what the sugar content is , I am just grateful that I can eat it !, by the time I have my emergency appointment it will be 17 weeks that will be just over 4 months on tomato soup , and I have lost 94 lb so far !

Of course you have to eat whatever you can tolerate. Don't think anyone would dispute that chick. And well done on your weight loss x

SARAH S said:
I didn't like the taste or texture of the WW ones. I now get Batchelors low fat condensed soups, chicken, tomato and mushroom. They are delicious and lower in fat and sugars. Plus I can use them in stews and hot pots to add extra flavour and it thickens them without the need for flour, gravy granules etc.

Adding the tomato one to dry fried mince makes a brill base for pasta or cottage pie etc:)

Thanks for that :) I will give them a try :)

Fuffs said:
Of course you have to eat whatever you can tolerate. Don't think anyone would dispute that chick. And well done on your weight loss x

Thank you, x
I hope i didn't come across as too negative as that wasn't my intention, as I hope people can understand, my food choices are extremely limited and I do occasionally slip other foods in to see if I can tolerate them, sometimes with success other times total no no !!...
I am also finding food choices that I could eat , I can no longer tolerate , so I no longer have ready brek, and I can no longer tolerate muller rice pots !! ... So it's literally JUST soup and yogurts , with the one exception of cheese !! , don't know why, but it sure taste good ! X

Thank you, x
I hope i didn't come across as too negative as that wasn't my intention, as I hope people can understand, my food choices are extremely limited and I do occasionally slip other foods in to see if I can tolerate them, sometimes with success other times total no no !!...
I am also finding food choices that I could eat , I can no longer tolerate , so I no longer have ready brek, and I can no longer tolerate muller rice pots !! ... So it's literally JUST soup and yogurts , with the one exception of cheese !! , don't know why, but it sure taste good ! X

I dump on fat, I'm ok with sugar - limited amounts, but I can have cheese - thank goodness. I don't have alot and only sometimes as I don't want it to trigger a dumping episode...oh no no indeedy!

I lost the most amount of weight when i was on liquids and it was heinz soups all the way for me. You consume so few calories on the liquid diet and my surgeon said heinz or homemade soups for 2 weeks was fine.

Kim

stuckinafatsuit said:
I lost the most amount of weight when i was on liquids and it was heinz soups all the way for me. You consume so few calories on the liquid diet and my surgeon said heinz or homemade soups for 2 weeks was fine.

Kim

I have all tinned soups too. Haven't got the fridge space to cook a batch. Was just the Heinz tomato from Greggs made me unwell. Mini dump I think. Wasn't nice. I do love tomato soup though :)

I was advised by bariatric team that during the first fluid stages I could have it but thin it down with a little water. I only could manage about a third of a can so not a huge amount.
Again if U could add a little milk or milk powder to boost the protein it would be better.

Bellydancer57 said:
I was advised by bariatric team that during the first fluid stages I could have it but thin it down with a little water. I only could manage about a third of a can so not a huge amount.
Again if U could add a little milk or milk powder to boost the protein it would be better.

I don't know if it's because I have been on liquids for so long , but I can manage a whole tin of soup !!... I feel quite guilty when I hear everybody only managing small amounts .. Can anyone else manage a full tin ?

Well tomato has no bits, so it probably drains through quite quickly. Especially as you will probably be pretty healed by now. So probably drains out like a funnel. Making one tin easy enough.

Back