• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

heinz tomato soup

tracyt84

Hiya everyone,I had my band fitted 8 days so still on a post op liquid diet. I'm just wondering anyone has had heinz tomato soup watered down a little,doesn't really say much on my diet sheet about what I can have etc just says anything u could suck through a straw,great help that!xx

at my meeting we were told to give give tomato soup a miss due to it reacts to the acid in your pouch they told us to leave it out for a while

Can't help with your question, but if it helps - drinking wise - The Heinz Weightwatchers Tomato Soup is thinnner (and I think tastes better lol)

Thanks for the replies just thought I'd ask as I had half a tin for dinner but added a little water to it,but felt a bit naughty after I'd had it,but I really did enjoy it after living off watery soups for the past week xx

Hi

The main problem with Heinz tomato soup is that is has a very high sugar content, which makes it bad for weightloss and a disaster for those that have had a bypass.

Paul

It's fine for us banders in the early stages. We need our energy from somewhere. When you are back to eating normal foods again, it's not necessarily going to be in your diet regime anyway on a regular basis, as it's a slider food. Enjoy it while you can ... X

Theres always been something special about Heinz Tomato Soup hasn't there.......if you still wish to have the flavour once your on "normal" foods try the Batchelors low fat condensed ones they taste just the same and are a lot lower in cals and sugars :):)

I had heinz cream of soups at the hospital, when I came home I brought a few covent garden ones and blitzed and watered them down too. There is usualy one of these on offer at the supermarkets too - flavour of the month I think they call it!

On the liquid stage is really important to stay hydrated but also to make sure you are getting enough calories in. I was having around 1,000 cals a day.

Just remember if you are hungry - have something, chances are you wont need much anyway.

Back