• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomato soup

jeany

Probably a silly question, but as a bypasser can you have tomato soup e.g Heinz on liquid diet. Up to now I have had others but just fancy some tomato but just worried if it has a high sugar/fat content.

Thanks x

You would be better having the weight watchers heinz tomato soup..... less sugar ;) tastes just as nice but a little thinner.. Enjoy!! x

I had heinz tomato soup no problem x

Hi jeany

If I’m understanding correctly you are on your pre-op milk diet. I was told that when I was on my pre-op diet that I was only allowed to have milk, sugar free jelly, and stock cubes. This was to shrink the liver to make the keyhole surgery easier I cheated slightly having clear chicken noodle soup, and clear spring veg soup. I was told by my team at surgery time that my liver had shrunk down to the optimum size for key hole surgery so that little cheat was OK, but I would be a bit more careful about something as thick and loaded with salt and sugar like Heinz tomato soup.

Stavros :confused::confused::confused:

Stavros said:
Hi jeany

If I’m understanding correctly you are on your pre-op milk diet. I was told that when I was on my pre-op diet that I was only allowed to have milk, sugar free jelly, and stock cubes. This was to shrink the liver to make the keyhole surgery easier I cheated slightly having clear chicken noodle soup, and clear spring veg soup. I was told by my team at surgery time that my liver had shrunk down to the optimum size for key hole surgery so that little cheat was OK, but I would be a bit more careful about something as thick and loaded with salt and sugar like Heinz tomato soup.

Hi Stavros

Had my bypass last Wednesday so am on liquid diet now.

Think I will try ww tomato soup and see how I go.

Thanks for replying xx

Hi jeany

Hi Stavros. There are loads of different variants on the pre-op diet including mine which is 4 muller lite yogurts, 4 ww or other brand low cal soups and 200ml of milk for tea and coffee. So you were def ok with your little cheats lovely.

Kate x

Back