• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello all - another newbie here !

Mgoody

Been overweight most of my adult life, although it's never really bothered me too much until I hit the big 40 when I started experiencing some health problems (worsening asthma, joint paines etc). GP referred me to Aintree Weight Management clinic but it was a terrible experience and to cut a long story short I'm due to be banded on 2nd July at Spire Fylde Coast as a private patient. I swing from complete elatation one minute to abject horror at the thought the next. Done every diet going and could name the number of WW propoints in almost all food quicker than you could say Pizza Express !!! But the time has come to do something for real that will last - I'm hopefull my WLS journey will be a positive one and can see I'm going to make some good friends on this site.

Hope to speak to some of you soon -

if anyone is being banded around same time or place and fancies a buddy then just let me know.

:thankyou:

welcome to this site. people are friendly and supportive. good luck on your wls journey x

Hi welcome to the mad house. I'm due to get my "life" band on 12july and I just cannot wait. Some brilliant posts here so all your questions should be answered by someone who has already gone through it. Good luck. Xx

hiya, i had my band fitted 6 weeks ago, im getting my first band fill this week, feel free to add me on facebook if you want to chat xx

Welcome to the site. I have only been a member for one day, already had huge support, found a local support group and made new friends on facebook.

hello ... welcome... they're a friendly bunch!!
im new here too...x

welcome hun, and good luck with your journey! xx

Hi all - just wanted to apologise for not acknowledging your replies ! I've not really got to grips with replying/finding/starting threads etc on here !!!!! I had my band fitted yesterday and came home the same day - which was encouraging ! I feel ok other than some tenderness round my port area tummy area is a bit more tender today but not so much as I need pain relief . I'm just getting to grips with all the new sensations - having just had 3tbs of ready brek for breakfast - my tummy is growling like a gud un now but I don't feel hungry. All of your experience and support will be gratefully received ! I'm using my iPad and their doesn't seem to be as much functionality as the normal web site so I think I,ll take a look today as set up a tracker etc

Michelle xxx

WoooHooo, welcome home and good luck on the losers bench xx

Hi All,
I only just found this site today and have just realised I've been reading the posts for over 3 hours already!! So nice to see posts and advice from the UK - seeing as the other internet sites I've been on are all American!
I am having my first consultation for a Gastric Sleeve this weekend, and hope to have my Surgery in August. Looking forward to getting to know you all... save me a seat on the losers bench. ;)
Em.xx

Thank you. If anyone has any tips as to what I should be asking at my first consultation this sunday, then I'm all ears... (I mean, I have a list of questions already... but anything I might not have thought of!) I am going private to have a Gastric sleeve, hopefully in August.
Thank you muchly! xx

Back