• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All

lifebeginsnow

Hi All

i've been stealing inspiration & information from this site for a while now, so thought i'd introduce myself.

I have my bypass booked for 21 May 2010 & feel excited & terrified in equal measure.

The details of your experiences are invaluable & i am sure i will be calling on you all in the next few weeks for guidance & advice, so i hope there is room for me on this fab site!

Welcome along, and you will be so happy here and any questions will be readily answered I am sure. I am pre op also, and spend hours on here looking at posts and making new friends, they are like my family to me now.
I can understand the excited and terrified also xxxxxxx

Hi Karen - I have my bypass on 20 May so we'll be starting our journeys together. Are you on your pre-op diet yet ?

Rose

Hello Karen and congratulations on the start of your new life x

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been told to start the pre-op diet 5 days before the op. Its liquid only plus 5 fruit & veg per day. I have bought the shakes (very much like cambridge diet) from the clinic i booked my op with.

I note the pre-op diets vary so much, what do you have to follow & for how long?

Hi and welcome Karen.
I am being 'done' on the 13th may so very near to your date.
Good luck x

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been told to start the pre-op diet 5 days before the op. Its liquid only plus 5 fruit & veg per day. I have bought the shakes (very much like cambridge diet) from the clinic i booked my op with.

I note the pre-op diets vary so much, what do you have to follow & for how long?

I was told to start mine 2 weeks before, but I decided to start as soon as I got the diet sheet, so I'm doing 3 and a half weeks :eek: One week down and so far so good ! The diet's mainly liquid, with chicken/fish with green salad/veg in the evening and also 3 pears.

Rose

I think thats a good idea Rose to start sooner rather than later so its not such a shock after the op.

i will start winding down from this week too & try to cut out some carbs & sugar. I also need to do the 30 mins per day on my treadmill that i promised myself - really need to get my head into gear!

I will be following your progress as it will be good to help keep me focused on what i need to do.

Hi and welcome to the site. Good luck with your pre-op and the op. Loads of helpful people on here to offer lots of advice and support.

:)Hi Karen & welcome:)
I hope to be following in your footsteps soon

Thanks poppet & I hope you get a date soon.

I am good at losing weight too, but i'm even better at putting it back on again. I too used VLCD's & lost 5.5 stone - how depressing to have replaced it all plus some!

I think this operation is the answer for us, as we have both lost weight in the past but need help to maintain the losses.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Hi Karen
Welcome to the family, i had my op last thursday 29th, so i am new to all this. Lots of lovely people here and a wealth of help.
Good luck with you journey. xx

Thanks ladies for your very warm welcome.

If i can do half as well as you guys i will be very pleased - you are all such an inspiration!

Back