• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I don't want to be the 'such a pretty face' girl anymore

Sparkle-k

Hello

I've been lurking for a while and I've finally booked in for my surgery so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Kirsty, 27 and miserable with my life time of being the porky one. Ive been over weight since a young age (even though I was a very active child) and Ive tried every diet in the world which Im sure is the same for many.

Im booked in to have my Gastric Band surgery on 9th October in Kent under the WLS. Im excited for the future but terrified of having this operation. Ive just been away on holiday, and it was a relief to know this will the last holiday feeling the way I do! The next one I'm going on will be when I'm a big chunk smaller I hope!! :flirt2:

I've been reading through all of your diaries and threads and you are all a true inspiration which has given me the courage to sign on the dotted line!

So....Roll on the 9th and the start of the new me! Im ready for this. Never been more determined in my life!!

x

Well done, Sparkle ... you have taken the first step to a new slimmer, fitter, healthier you. Good luck, honey xx :)

Well done hun, the new you, be joining you soon xxxx

well done and welcome :) xxx

Welcome to the forum. PLease read as many posts as possible to glean as much information as you can. The people on here have been through the same journey and have a wealth of experience between them

I too went private (bypass) and although only 9 days post op truly believe its the best money I have ever spent.

Good luck on the 9th :)

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm so happy I found this forum! I can't stop looking over my information pack. I Just can't wait to be post op and on my way to a slimmer me, although I know it won't be easy.

Tonight was a classic example of why I want this so much...on my commute home there was one seat left on my carriage, Between two people!!! No way Would my lardy bum fit in there and I couldn't bear the humiliation of bashing into everyone as I tried to squeeze In, never mind how uncomfortable I'd be sitting squished up!

I'm ready for this!!! Bring on the band

Hello, you and I have similar life and path! And but you have a pretty face and a gorgeous smile but will prefer your skinny friend! I too had a really active childhood and then big muscles became big fat me! Good luck on your surgery, I will have mine 4 days after yours so will keep a eye for how you r getting on :) good luck and welcome to this great community

Hmmm I replied to all your lovely messages earlier but my message hasn't appeared! Strange!

Anyway...thank you all for your lovely messages. It's so comforting to know I'm not alone in my struggle.

Today was a classic example of how my weight affects me...on my commute home there was one seat left on my carriage....BETWEEN two people!!!!! No way on earth was I trying to get my lardy bum on that tiny seat. Instead I stood up for 50 minutes sweating and getting hot! I can't wait for the new slimmer me!

I am so ready for this!!!!! Bring on the band

Welcome! I had my bypass with WLS, are you going to Chelsfield Hospital? If you are you will find lovely people there and you will be really well looked after. Who is your surgeon?

I know exactly how you feel about re-reading your pack, it's a very exciting time:)

good for you hun and good luck
I will also be going to kent wiv Dr El hasani! im trying to decided between the band or bypass??? confused lol x

Wait till you are 56 you will be glad of someone saying you have a pretty face!I look at many people, men and women alike and think what a pretty face myself.I was 19st and think I have always been 'attractive'but overweight so know both sides of the story!Maz x

Back