• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello All

Anniekins

Hi,
After about a two year wait I now have a date for surgery, 3rd September at St George’s. I have started the LRD day 3 now and all seems okay. I’m beginning to feel a little nervous at the thought of surgery as I felt it was never going to happen then a date arrives and all mixed feelings.
I have been reading your forum and you all seem to be so knowledgeable and I am sure I will need plenty of advice soon! Thanks for reading.

Congratulations on your date. Which surgery are you having? Either way, the pro's will outweigh the cons dramatically and you are definitly on the road to a healthier lifestyle and a new found confidence.
Keep us updated, how are you finding the LRD?

I’m finding the LRD okay and not too restricting. I chose the low carb, sugar and fat option and so far doing okay. I’m down for the gastric sleeve but the doctor did say that may change to the bypass due to the scar tissue present from when my gall bladder was removed so there is a slight question mark over the exact operation....... Guess I will just have to wait and see!:rolleyes:

Hi welcome and good luck, exciting times ahead, it’s normal to be nervous just go with the flow, I’m hoping you’ve done lots and lots of research over the past 2 years so you know exactly what to expect immediately post-op and indeed for the rest of you life, I look forward to following your journey xx

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on getting your date. It will soon be here. I’m 3 weeks post op bypass still getting used to taking all the pills. But getting better every day and happy that I had my WLS XX

Thanks for your replies and I’m sure you will all be able to give some very good advice. The first week post op what have you experienced with eating and pain, particularly when back at home as it will help to prepare myself. I don’t want to look too far ahead if you know what I mean, one step at a time.

Thanks for your replies and I’m sure you will all be able to give some very good advice. The first week post op what have you experienced with eating and pain, particularly when back at home as it will help to prepare myself. I don’t want to look too far ahead if you know what I mean, one step at a time.

I think you would get the most honest answer at what we thought the 1st week post op by reading some of our diaries. You'll get the real truth at how we were feeling back then. I'm only 6 months post op and now find myself looking back through rose tinted glasses at the procedure. Many of us come on here and documented our feelings, concerns, anxiety, joy of those first weeks as we were going through them. Anything we say now is going to have a bit of long haul knowledge thrown in.

Good luck with your surgery.

Welcome as already said have a read of some diaries.
Would love to read your journey as I am still jumping through hoops to get WLS.

Hi,
After about a two year wait I now have a date for surgery, 3rd September at St George’s. I have started the LRD day 3 now and all seems okay. I’m beginning to feel a little nervous at the thought of surgery as I felt it was never going to happen then a date arrives and all mixed feelings.
I have been reading your forum and you all seem to be so knowledgeable and I am sure I will need plenty of advice soon! Thanks for reading.
Welcome and good luck.it is a year next month since my bypass at Luton hospital. Quite a few of us here are at Luton and we are all here to help. You will not regret doing this surgery, it really is life changing xxxx

Thank you all for your good wishes. I am starting to read some diaries which I hope will prepare me for post surgery. In the next few days I will search out some protein shakes as it’s a liquid diet for two weeks after the operation. I do take several tablets a day now so I hope these will go down okay afterwards, well I guess it won’t be too long before I find out!

Welcome and all the very best on your journey!

Enjoy the reading and asking questions, everyone here is super awesome and super friendly!

I'm two weeks post op from Luton (bypass) and I must say the team there is superb. First week you'll have your gas pain which isn't fun, and the mental challenge of how your relationship with food changes. I'll admit it blindsided me a bit, I found it quite a struggle to get my head into the right place.

You'll be fine though, lots of support here!

I found Exante shakes to be very good FYI! Yummy and protein friendly!

Thanks Tommycarpet, it’s good to have some recommendations for the protein shakes. I am expecting a massive change in my relationship with food and I am starting to get my head around it all however, I am feeling a little nervous as the day approaches as it is such a life changing operation with no going back!

Thanks Tommycarpet, it’s good to have some recommendations for the protein shakes. I am expecting a massive change in my relationship with food and I am starting to get my head around it all however, I am feeling a little nervous as the day approaches as it is such a life changing operation with no going back!
I think we all worried before surgery but I know I have changed since the surgery and this way of eating becomes a way of life for the better xx

I’m sure lots of people have felt like I do at the moment and I’m not alone . I do hope to enjoy a new outlook on food and a new way of eating like yourself, I guess when your over the first few weeks and the weight is reducing it will all come together...... I hope!

I’m sure lots of people have felt like I do at the moment and I’m not alone . I do hope to enjoy a new outlook on food and a new way of eating like yourself, I guess when your over the first few weeks and the weight is reducing it will all come together...... I hope!

100% the first ten days will be the worst then it’s onwards and upwards hun :) it’s definitely worth those 10 days getting your head right and body healing. I wouldn’t go back no way xx

That is so good good to hear again Irene. I have been following some diaries which has helped me to know what to expect in the early days. Not too long to wait now and keeping my fingers crossed it is not cancelled due to a bed shortage.

Hi and welcome, good luck with your surgery on the 3rd, not long now I'm preop so can't really add much about post op stuff, just research everything so you have a good idea of what to expect xx

Back