• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for assessment day to see if I get revisional Sleeve to RNY @St Richards

seashell1974

Hi all,
I’m Michelle and I live in Hailsham. I had a sleeve done 10 years ago and have put half the weight on I lost, so last year I decided after failure of weight loss attempts, to apply for revisional surgery at St Richards. Previous surgery was at St George’s.
So now I’ve seen Chris Pring twice and seen dietician. Got given a RNY leaflet when I went there last, As that’s the operation they were suggesting to be done.
So now a waiting game to get the assessment day. He said it would be in around 3 months and I saw him beginning of Jan 19. Seems like I’m waiting forever.
I need a buddy in this area, down to Eastbourne to help with the struggles you get.
I need to try and loose some weight before I go next so it looks better. I put it on at last appointment!!!
I have a 2.5 year old, and I’m not getting any younger plus just in December I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
I need to get my weight right down so I can have a life with my baby girl.

Hi all,
I’m Michelle and I live in Hailsham. I had a sleeve done 10 years ago and have put half the weight on I lost, so last year I decided after failure of weight loss attempts, to apply for revisional surgery at St Richards. Previous surgery was at St George’s.
So now I’ve seen Chris Pring twice and seen dietician. Got given a RNY leaflet when I went there last, As that’s the operation they were suggesting to be done.
So now a waiting game to get the assessment day. He said it would be in around 3 months and I saw him beginning of Jan 19. Seems like I’m waiting forever.
I need a buddy in this area, down to Eastbourne to help with the struggles you get.
I need to try and loose some weight before I go next so it looks better. I put it on at last appointment!!!
I have a 2.5 year old, and I’m not getting any younger plus just in December I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
Welcome and good luck, there are a few people on here who have had revision surgery and also a few with fibromyalgia, have a search at the threads, you may not be able to access some of them just yet but once your an established member you will be able to.
Do you think you understand why you gained the weight and when it started to go back on, the thought of this terrifies me xxx

Hi all,
Hi and welcome,, 3 months is nothing in WLS terms, I've been waiting since last April and probably still have 6 months to wait yet, others have waited longer still.
What caused you to regain? You can regain with either surgery if you haven't changed your eating habits. Good luck with your surgery it will come round soon enough.

Hi and welcome Hun Fingers crossed you hear something soon. I was bypassed 6 ago months next week. I too have Fibromyalgia for 30 years plus. It’s one of those things you can’t change and have to try and work with it and through it sometimes!! I’ve found losing 5 stone has helped greatly. Don’t get me wrong still a battle with FB every day but I’m winning the on going battle hun. The secret is don’t give in to it! There’s lots of information out there to help you cope with it. I find trying to keep off the nightshade vegs help. @Alexandra Nevermind has Fibromyalgia she is 80 days out of being Sleeved I think :) xx

Hi @seashell1974 and welcome to another 10 years post opper!

I had the band originally in 2009 but converted to a sleeve in 2016.

Good luck on the next stage of your journey :D

Thank you my friend I’ve just found out had bypass 10 years back and on 4th February she’s getting her bypass redone as there done better now. X

Hi and welcome Hun Fingers crossed you hear something soon. I was bypassed 6 ago months next week. I too have Fibromyalgia for 30 years plus. It’s one of those things you can’t change and have to try and work with it and through it sometimes!! I’ve found losing 5 stone has helped greatly. Don’t get me wrong still a battle with FB every day but I’m winning the on going battle hun. The secret is don’t give in to it! There’s lots of information out there to help you cope with it. I find trying to keep off the nightshade vegs help. @Alexandra Nevermind has Fibromyalgia she is 80 days out of being Sleeved I think :) xx
Thank you. I’m hoping it helps and gives me more energy. X

Hi and welcome. I'm preop, was referred November 2016 but fell pregnant early 2017 and my journey was put on pause until April 2018. I should be getting my date this April when I see my surgeon. I don't know what the waiting time is for referrals but like most things bariatric on the NHS, I doubt it will be speedy. Let us know when you get a date so we can add you to the surgery list x

Hi all,

Hey, I’m in Eastbourne.
I’ve got my first appointment next month.
I know it’s going to be a long road.
But I’m ready xx

Hi all,
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your revision surgery ! Xx

Back