• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Being sleeved 23 Nov ?

rahcreate

Hi everyone,

My names Rachel, I'm 34 and live in London and having VSG in just four weeks. I'm so excited!!

This has been a whirl wind few months! I really only became open to the idea of having WLS about six weeks ago and now I'm having surgery in four weeks. WHATTT?!?! ?

So, my numbers:
I'm 5'7 and weigh 150kgs
My goal weight is 83kgs so that my BMI will be under 30 so I can have fertility treatment. But actually I'd love to get down to around 70-72kgs - but just depends on how I feel. I'm not fixated on any number other than 83kgs.

I really am hoping to get to that goal within 12-18 months (pref. 12!) as my partner and I really want to start a family ASAP.

I started doing YouTube videos at the very very start, before I had decided to do WLS. I've found an amazing support community on YouTube which has been incredible. I'm excited also to connect with you all here on this forum to give and receive support, tips and tricks.

I start my 4 week pre-op / liver shrinking diet tomorrow, which I'm actually freaking out the most about. My surgeon had told me a few weeks ago that the pre-op diet is two protein shakes and a high protein no carb meal a day. Which I was totes fine with. But I met the dietitian yesterday and she said she wants me on a 4 week VLCD meal replacement shakes only.

I tried that a few years and I did ok for the first month but after I had one relapse I just couldn't get focused to sticking to them 100% and I kept on trying and failing for like a year. The thought now of consistency of the shakes (chocolate was the only one I could stomach), how I can fit this in with my hectic work and travel schedule (which I didn't have before) and failing yet again before I even get to have my sleeve is filling me with a lot of anxiety.

Anyway, I've rambled so much I'm sorry!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Cheers
Rachel

Hey Rachel. Good luck with everything.

I was very lucky in not doing a pre op diet, but you WILL stick to this plan. Do you know why?
Because you want a baby. And 83kg will see you get fertility treatment and WLS is your chance to get to 83kg. You've done a liquid diet before (I did too - 4months on lighter life), you can do it again. Once you've got your sleeved tummy you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

There are many sleevers here to support you, but you have one hell of an incentive to stick to the rules. X

Last edited:
Congratulation on getting a date for surgery. Welcome to a great little community on here you'll get great advice, understanding and support. Lots of Diaries to read and I think there is even a pregnancy after WLS section.

Back