• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Coventry saying Hello

Rache

looking for my mojo
:) Hi all I'm Rachel and from Coventry. I'm in the process of waiting for funding atm so trying to arm myself with as much info as possible.... hooray for this website!!!
I would love to hear from anyone local and hopefully get steered in the right direction for my local group be it in Cov or West Mids/Warks

I hope to make this process a little less lonely.... I'm sure people must understand what I mean, (should I tell people or shouldn't I?)

Here's hoping for a lighter future :)

Rachel xxx

Hi Rache welcome to WLS, it really is a great place and you will get loads of good advice and support here ...

Wanted to say hi & welcome, you have found a treasure in finding this site. I am not local to you unfortunately so I can't help you there, but I can promise that you are not alone now that you have joined us here.

Best of luck on your journey, have a look around and join in the fun. Shout if you need help, there is always someone around.

Nic:p

:) rache im glad to see you made it here xxx

Hi Rachel.

Best of luck on your journey! You will always find someone on here day and night happy to help with anything.

Looking forward to following your progress....

:)

Hi and welcome. Mazza is from your neck of the woods, i think and i am probably wrong that she has a band... Am sure she'll be along soon to say hi

Any questions just shout, someone always has the answer lol xx

hello and welcome rachel this is a brill sight im adicted to it i come here everyday someone always knows how your feeling and people are really kind anyway welcome again and good luck with the funding what op are you thinking of having done

Thank you nicky I'm hoping to have a band though I'm amazed at looking at some of the stats on here so many people seem to have had a bypass at a lower start weight than me!! I've really struggled to get this far just for a band!! Though I'm borderline everything, for how long I don't know as the longer I am like this the higher my risk of getting all the problems stated.... it feels quite confusing xx

Nicky, i know a few years ago when i saw Mr Super (didn't do surgery long story...) he asked me about my eating habits before suggesting a bypass... You obviously eat the right way to have a band and thats why he's letting you go for it.... I would say to you if you have the slightest doubt that you will 'cheat' and still eat stuff that made you big in the first place then have a serious re-think. I personally think its harder to do with a band and if offered the choice now would pick the bypass everytime....

Good luck on your journey xx

Hi Rache

I live in Coventry and have a band too!

I had my band privately as I wasnt even close to our lovely PCT's criteria for funding WLS, also I have no co morbidities. My OH is just starting his journey for funding and is hoping to get a sleeve.

You will find that some people on here have been accepted for funding with BMI's around 40 as a lot of PCT's follow the NICE guidelines - ours does not, which Im sure you allready know!

How far down the line are you?

Good luck on your journey x

I have been seeing a consultant in Coventry for over 2.5 years now, done the lose weight diet with the lovely dietician and spent time wit the psychologist as initially I wasn't ready mentally for one. I don't have diabetes but went to them for help as the weightloss tablets were awful and so sick of beating myself up for not losing weight. I am borderline sleep apnea (which would be automatic surgery if I had it) and my bp is very sporadic, again my consultant has said that would help if I was on tablets. I have family history of type 2 and weight related heart disease, but have still been advised it may not be enough. It feels very frustrating, but I have to say Mr Super was great as was I think his name was Adrian the dietician at Heartlands.
It's a waiting game so I would really appreciate any advice in the meantime.
It's great to find another person from Cov on here too!!! :eek:)

I have been seeing a consultant in Coventry for over 2.5 years now, done the lose weight diet with the lovely dietician and spent time wit the psychologist as initially I wasn't ready mentally for one. I don't have diabetes but went to them for help as the weightloss tablets were awful and so sick of beating myself up for not losing weight. I am borderline sleep apnea (which would be automatic surgery if I had it) and my bp is very sporadic, again my consultant has said that would help if I was on tablets. I have family history of type 2 and weight related heart disease, but have still been advised it may not be enough. It feels very frustrating, but I have to say Mr Super was great as was I think his name was Adrian the dietician at Heartlands.
It's a waiting game so I would really appreciate any advice in the meantime.
It's great to find another person from Cov on here too!!! :eek:)

Yep it is a waiting game but it sounds like your getting there ;) and when you do it will be the best thing you ever did!

Whereabouts do you live?

:) Hi all I'm Rachel and from Coventry. I'm in the process of waiting for funding atm so trying to arm myself with as much info as possible.... hooray for this website!!!
I would love to hear from anyone local and hopefully get steered in the right direction for my local group be it in Cov or West Mids/Warks

I hope to make this process a little less lonely.... I'm sure people must understand what I mean, (should I tell people or shouldn't I?)

Here's hoping for a lighter future :)

Rachel xxx

hi Rachel
welcome to minis its the place to be for all things weight loss, i,m from rugby and under coventry university hospital , proffessor kumar, i done 12 months weight management and was sent to walsall manor in october 09 and i now have my second appointment on friday 15th jan to say yes i want the opp any thing u wana know just ask ok
regards
Steve

Hey Steve..... yay another fellow Cov university hospital person, am not with Dr Kumar, heard he is best at that hosp. Am seeing the lovely Christine this week for usual weight check. Great to hear from you xx

hi rache
yea christine is very nice i seen her when i was doing my weight management lovley woman i also seen mr kindricks there, do you know when your having your opp ? hope it happens soon for you all the best steve x

I'm waiting for funding at the moment, so hoping to hear in a couple of weeks time if I don't then I have the number for the PCT team as we have had chats before due to problems with cov hosp. I heard Cov postcode is not best place to be for approval so am keeping everything crossed it's a positive response.xx

Back