• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Dorset Newbie here going via the NHS route!

MayraF

So sorry if this ends up being a long post! It's my first :D

Started the referral process in November 2012, was then referred for the Tier 3 Weight Management course for 6 months, but as i thought this would take too long, me being a dummy gave up!! I then restarted the process in April 2013, started the weight management classes in June 2013.

I i am 29, have diabetes type 2 (but no meds for it), and a BMI of 57 i think. In the past 6 months going to the weight management course, i have only lost a few pounds then gained them back. But managed to get my cholesterol down and my sugar levels to normal, and have no idea how hahah!

After a few tachycardia episodes, I was prescribed Bisoprolol to protect my heart, thankfully all the tests didn't show anything physically wrong with me. The problem is, i never took them as i have heard horror stories about weight gain when on this tablets. Stupid me!!!!! Grrr!

I am now terrified as my last consultation is Tuesday 27th, and i am not sure i have managed to lose anything since my last appointment. I wasn't given any goals when i started, just to try and do my best which is what i did, and now i am worried i won't go forward for the surgery. I was told as long as i did go for the appointments and showed i was at least trying, writting my food diaries, it would be ok.

Now, my question is: Can the fact i was prescribed Bisoprolol and never took it affect their decision? I am worried that it would show i can't follow doctor's instructions!

I am so scared, if anyone has any advice, please help!!!

A little update:

Have been to my GP today and explained the situation, he said it's no problem but once i start taking the meds i can't stop without discussing it with him first. So i will mention to the clinic i am now on Bisoprolol. Also finally managed to get the name of the condition i have, it's called sinus tachycardia. I hope this won't affect my acceptance for the surgery!

I have a slight sinus tachy, have had a few GAs and I'm fine! My BPM is usually about 90 but I get anxious when having medical stuff which makes it rise!
My bmi was 49 when I started consultations for my bypass

Good luck x

hi and welcome good luck with your journey

Sorry i posted the same twice ;) just to edit it i wish you best of luck :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, i can't wait for tuesday!! :D am excited and scared at the same time. I hope it all goes well X

Back