• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello everyone im new and dont know what to do!

joylouise

Hi everyone, i hope that you guys can give me some advice. I joined one of these kind of sites when me and my hubby were going through ivf, i found that talking to others that were in the same boat helped so here goes!

I used to be 21 stone and through diet and going to the gym i went down to 14 stone 4. Bearing in mind i spent 2 years hungry and 5/6 days working out at the gym for that to happen.

I then went through 3 IVF attempts, the third of which worked and gave us amazing twin girls but i gained about 6 stone, im down to about 16stone 4 now but i have no time to go to the gym being a full time mum and having a job too.

Anyway ive got a consultation on sunday 3rd october with Mr Amourri (think thats how you spell it??) in manchester to discuss a bypass. Im TERRIFIED the thought of being put to sleep scares the hell out of me.

Then i go and watch a docuumentry about gastric bypasses and they said you live on puree forever? Is that right? also that you can never eat anything 'normal' again, no sugar or anything? Dont get me wrong io dont plan on stuffing my face with cake and chocolate but it would be nice to have a little at christmas or birthdays ect!

Hi & welcome....

Congrats on yr girls.. xx

Puree isn't forever, I'm nearly 3 weeks post op & moving onto mashed then after a couple of weeks I shall be back on normal foods just chewed really well & teeny portions! Life does go on post bypass... just much better than before! xx

Hi I had a bypass done with Mr Ammori nearly 3 weeks ago he is a lovely man. If you write down all the questions you want to ask befor you go im sure he will answer them.
You will be on liquids only for about 2 weeks then food you can puree for a further 2 weeks then soft food for 2 weeks and then back to normal food but your quantity is very small. Hope this helps and good luck for the 3rd.
Charmaine

I too had my bypass with Mr Ammori at The Spire in Manchester - in fact the day after Charm55. He is utterly adorable and an ace at his job. You will be in safe hands.

Linzi has covered the eating after bypass side of things.

Take time to look through the many posts on here - nearly all questions can be answered. And good luck :D

Welcome to the forum, I'm pre-op but there will be loads of people who come along with help & advice.

Thinking of you love and wishing you all the very best with your forthcoming appointment, you are in very safe hands with Mr. Ammori.

Love and hugs xxx

:)Welcome to the forum:)
I'm sure MrAmmori will put your mind at rest on sunday-
-in the meantime i recommend read,read,read & then read some more of the old threads on here:)

Do your research and be honest with your surgeon, read everything on here and ask any questions however silly they seem, you'll be fine then!

Hiya luv i just wanted to welcome you to WLS and wish you the very best of luck through your journey, youl find all the answers your looking for on here so your deffo in the right place!
luv n hugs from me xxx

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm nearly 7 weeks post-op. I had a gastric bypass. I will be eating soft foods like casseroles, shepherds pies etc for another 5 weeks and then I will gradually eat more 'normal' food, but in greatly reduced quantities. The rules about how we move from fluids to purees to mushy/sloppy and then to normal food varies with each surgery provider.

As regards sweet stuff/chocolate etc. Some people who've had bypass surgery suffer from something called dumping syndrome. There are lots of threads on here about this, but basically dumping is triggered mainly by sugary foods, (though occasionally by fatty food) and causes feelings of dizziness, faintness, sweating, abdominal cramps, and extreme tiredness/sleepiness.
Not all people dump, but for those of us who do, this serves to keep us away from sugary and fatty food; thus ensuring healthy food choices. So though it can be a nuisance, most people who dump really don't mind. Me included.

I hope this helps. Wishing you the very best with your consultation.
I am thrilled I had my bypass and would definitely make the same decision again.
Charis xxx

Hi and welcome to this really great site,i hope you get all the help and advice you need.
Good luck with your wls journey.
Marie:553:

Back