• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello new here..

Hi Soni
Welcome and good luck on your journey.
I am 10 weeks out and still no hair loss. There are some fab wigs about these days!
As a teenager your skin might be ok, but even if it isn't you can conceal it, you can't conceal fat!
I started back at the gym after 7 weeks. But going before is so beneficial, the more you do the better it is for you when you go under the anaesthetic, think about a strong healthy heart and lungs! Your recovery should be quicker too.
Good luck x

Hi there I have the finest hair EVER and I was really worried about it getting any thinner - but 5 months post op and its not falling out yet- my dr prescribed solvazinc dispersible tablets straight after my RNY - it was recommended by the dietician to prevent hair loss.

Last edited:
hiya welcome to the forumxx

Hey yh i am currently goin to the gym and just waitin for my operation date and surgeon said it wil take upto 4 months more,
Thanks i wil consider the tablets for hair loss :)

Welcome hun n good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi there and welcome, where r u from Hun?

Thank you everyone and gd luck to everyone else, hey vicky im from south west london what about you?

Hi Soni - welcome

I have bought some Mega Trek shampoo - someone recommended it from another thread for hair. It was £20 plus p and p on ebay.

Nourkin is pills - see the link Nourkrin® The UK's Best Selling Hair Supplement

it says it takes 4 months to work - looks quite expensive at 2 pills a day - but i guess we wont mind if it works. I take too many pills at the moment so am going to see how this shampoo works. I have to say after one wash my hair was quite thick looking of course it will take time to regrow the thinning hair anyway - but it smelt lovely - will keep you posted.

D x

Hey dougie thanks for lettin me no about the shampoo and sounds really good. Could you tel me the name of the shampoo please :)

Personally I don't think any tablets prevent hairloss,I was given zinc and selenium tablets from the doctors and also bought perfectil tablets from boots.
And I took these right from bypass and I still lost hair and mine is fine too.
My hair is ok now just a small loss x

Back